south wales Rides?

nipper9
nipper9 Posts: 120
edited April 2012 in MTB rides
hi all
seems to be a few members and possibly just readers here from my area
anybody fancy getting together say once a mth for some riding?
opened a face book group now called "neath port talbot mountain bikers"
" PERSEVERE B4 U DISAPPEAR "

specialized rockhopper sl comp 2010
specialized rockhopper comp 2003?
trek 800 antelope 1993
raliegh chopper mk2 1976
raliegh tomahawk 1973
raliegh budgie

Comments

• jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    I'm fairly local to you and would possibly be interested in a monthly group ride as I currently do most of my riding on my own. I'm pushing 40 these days and I'm not the quickest over the local trails but if you plan on catering for most abilities then days/times permitting I'd probally give it a go.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • nipper9
    hi as u are pushing 40 you may need to have a medical before you ride with us?

only joking out of the boys who already ride with me youd be the young 1

join the facebook group for ride updates

cheers paul

trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    I'm not a facebook user, but always up for a ride with anyone local anywhere they fancy. I work stupid shifts (4 on 4 off) but will join in when I can.
  • Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    definately up for this - usually ride alone so would make a nice change.
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Definitely up for it, only started riding seriously this year. Generaly ride local trails around Cwmbran and Pontypool with the odd visit to Cwmcarn and Afan.
    Always looking for new routes i also work 4 on 4 off so normally ride solo, would be great to get out with you guys.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'd be up for this aswell when i can.

Silversladey: where are you from? i ride pontypool and cwmbran aswell, usually alone so a riding buddy would be good :lol:

i'm not a facebook user but the gf is so i'll get her to check out the page :D
  • nipper9
    hi all looks like we mite be getting somewhere with this

ive just got bak from doing the wall with my regular riding mate

bloody hard work after a nite drinking bow

i set up a facebook site so everyone can join easily and wot i was hoping is that all members put in the days times and location of their upcoming rides and if its suitable to any other member they could get in touch and ride together , i personally have no problem riding anywhere in the country

as a lot of people have different commitments with work and family it will be difficult to get us all together but hey rome wasnt built in a day

cheers paul

ps. dont leave all this to me i have just opened up the can of worms i dont intend eating them all myself the group will only work if everyone contributes!!

trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    whats the facebook site bud cant seem to find it under "neath port talbot mountain bikers"
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Silversladey
    Welsh Kev

Send a PM always looking for a new riding buddy i am not on face book (never really got it ) 8)
  • jndb72
    Can't find the facbook group, have you got a link to the group you've set up?

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• christk
    christk Posts: 122
    What's the point of a facebook page to arrange rides. Isn't that what this page of the forum does?

Would love to join you but just seems far too complicated :oops: Or am I being grumpy because I'm working :roll: nights?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    christk wrote:
    What's the point of a facebook page to arrange rides. Isn't that what this page of the forum does?

Would love to join you but just seems far too complicated :oops: Or am I being grumpy because I'm working :roll: nights?

you're being grumpy :wink::lol:
  • Silversladey
    i am not on facebook surely we can just post ride details on this forum or PM each other

:idea:
  • jndb72
    I'm happy to use this post/forum to arrange rides.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• nipper9
    hi all

was just trying to get local riders together
    didnt really expect such responses!!

just post ur rides as u want

cheers paul

ps if u can see the point of it! facebook page " neath port talbot mountain bikers "

trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • camerauk
    Tried searching for that and nothing comes up can you post a link please
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • nipper9
    hi

sorry mate dont know how to post a link!!

i just searched it and it came up

iam paul evans search me or let me know wot i have to do

cheers paul

trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I'd be up for this aswell. still a bit of a novice on the riding/ fitness front but I guess the more i get out the easier i'll find it.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • pikeg123
    pikeg123 Posts: 46
    Hi Nipper, just noticed your near Baglan.. Funny enough I live in baglan haha Are you doing the Gower ride tomorrow?
  • underdog
    pikeg123 wrote:
    Hi Nipper, just noticed your near Baglan.. Funny enough I live in baglan haha Are you doing the Gower ride tomorrow?

I live in Pentyla :lol:

Nipper you get my text about the bleed kit? It's all ready for you apart from the tube, haven't hide time to grab it my misses has been in and out of hospital this week.
  • nipper9
    yeah iam booked in to do the gower bike ride tomorow as my mother had a heart attack 2 yrs ago, but i have to work first so will be tackling it a bit later than i would like

under dog i have just read ur text i have had my fone off my boy broke his foot sunday my daughter just came out of hospital and my wife is ill in bed at the mo! so i apologise for not getting back to u earlier but will do asap

cheers paul

trek 800 antelope 1993
    raliegh chopper mk2 1976
    raliegh tomahawk 1973
    raliegh budgie
  • WelshGiant
    WelshGiant Posts: 74
    I would be up for this aswell, i usualy ride on my own, would be good to ride with other people. Just got back from doin whites as it happens. Looking to do the skyline trail as soon as if anyone is up for that?
  • camerauk
    Ok must be me I still can't find the Facebook page/group I search but it won't find it I also searched for paul evans but don't know which one u are
    Anyone help please
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • WelshGiant
    I just found it no problem
  • camerauk
    What did u type in? Can u post a link if poss please
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • underdog
    WelshGiant wrote:
    I would be up for this aswell, i usualy ride on my own, would be good to ride with other people. Just got back from doin whites as it happens. Looking to do the skyline trail as soon as if anyone is up for that?

Me, very much so mate, I work a pain the ar$e shift pattern of 4 days in then 4 days off, so this week I will be good to ride Wed, Thur or Friday? I rode whites twice last week, I love that trail.

Been wanting to do skyline for a few weeks but due to distance I didn't want to ride it alone, so was thinking of cutting it short and doing the July trail but with someone to ride with be happy to do either.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm not local, but may pop over to South Wales from time to time. It's not all that far down the M4 from the London area.

Been to Afan and Cwmcarn once each with guys from the London Calling thread. Maybe some time when we're over there we could meet up. But generally interested in where you'll be riding to get some tips :D
  • WelshGiant
    underdog wrote:
    WelshGiant wrote:

Me, very much so mate, I work a pain the ar$e shift pattern of 4 days in then 4 days off, so this week I will be good to ride Wed, Thur or Friday? I rode whites twice last week, I love that trail.

Been wanting to do skyline for a few weeks but due to distance I didn't want to ride it alone, so was thinking of cutting it short and doing the July trail but with someone to ride with be happy to do either.

Its awkward for me to go rideing during the week as i work 7-5 mon - thur and 7-3 friday, so weekends are best for me but i dont mind doin a smaller run on a friday afternoon, think skyline would be too long to start at around half 3 ish lol one weekend i will defo be up for it, let me know
  • camerauk
    At last found it boy that was hard lol
    I to dont live in wales but would like to come up on occasions to meet up with some local riders
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • underdog
    Anyone riding anywhere local tomorrow morning?

WelshGiant, I will be off on the weekends in 2 weeks time, so we should be cool then, could always do July trail Friday afternoon?