looking for lads who bike in doncaster

pete#
pete# Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in MTB rides
looking for lads who go mountain biking in doncaster on trails go mountain biking with my friend some times but he likes to go out on road bikes so it would be nice to meet some lads who like going out on the mountain bikes

Comments

• 2wheelsonit
    2wheelsonit Posts: 72
    Oh thought this was a private add....
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Hiya, I'm in Donny and get out now and again locally, usually just plodding around Sandall Beat Woods as there is very little in the way of exciting off-road riding around here. What kind of riding do you do? Fitness/skill level? Where are you based?

I also started the Slow Rides for Unfit People thread on here (and a Facebook page) which has produced some really good rides further afield with a great bunch of people from all over the country, our next outing is to Long Mynd in Shropshire on June 27th:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12676633

Some of us from the Slow Rides group are off to the Peak District on Tuesday afternoon to tackle Cut Gate:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12703826

Another local option is the Thursday evening ride with the guys from Extreme Sports in town, they leave their shop at 6:20pm and ride out through Steetley Quarry.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • EnduroChris
    EnduroChris Posts: 107
    bttt with this

in donny and interested to see whos up for some riding.
  • robbo17
    robbo17 Posts: 11
    I'm up for ride outs, just getting into mountain biking off to Sherwood Pines Friday after work if interested?
  • EnduroChris
    EnduroChris Posts: 107
    bugger...didnt subscribe to thread...sorry!

been few times there ....good stuff once you get off the main wide trails. isnt there the twin off road bit where you can race ya mate on seperate but close trails and nail it to the bottom...i ended up fully over the bars chewin dirt last time...all i heard from down the bottom was...."chrisssss where the feck are ya"....."on mi arse....feck orrrrf"

did sproggy flash yest, and bobbed round ladybower res on mond eve.

got a couple a pals who experienced but sensible and a couple more just gettin into to also..

age range mid 20's to late 30's us lot...

on about doing coast to coast in couple a month and back to nant y arian in waaaaaales..(my fave) next month..
  • robbo17
    robbo17 Posts: 11
    First ride out the new bike:) did 2 laps of the red route, they have got some
    of it closed off and divert onto some roads but ok for a blast after work.

Looking at going to Dalby in the next couple of week, done it twice but
    only on my old bike (hardtail) ouch!
  • Dave Tom
    Dave Tom Posts: 4
    new rider just got mountain bike looking for people who ride round doncaster :roll:
  • pete# wrote:
    looking for lads who go mountain biking in doncaster on trails go mountain biking with my friend some times but he likes to go out on road bikes so it would be nice to meet some lads who like going out on the mountain bikes
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steetley- ... 2698000766 :D
  • Hi, I try an get out to steetley 1 or 2 a month. Does anybody know any better routes?
  • I suppose it depende what your looking for.

I do a few different circuits round Doncaster starting from Intake which obviously involve some on-road riding to get
    to the off road bits.

these include:
    riding up York road then along the Roman ridge to Woodlands - over Brodsworth tip - Brodsworth village - bridleway to Hampole - different bridleway back to Brodsworth - back towards tip then b/way / lane to Marr - Melton woods - Hickleton - Barnbrough - stables lane climb to retrace route for a bit before dropping down to Harlington - TPT back to Range - home

4 tips challenge:
    Armthorpe, Bentley, Brodsworth and Edlington returning through Wadworth woods, Loversall, Potteric Carr, Bessacarr, Sandall Beat.

Variations on above!!

Would be good to meet up with other xcountry mtbers in area to share routes.
  • Cheshley
    We still get out locally but have been doing quite a bit more road riding this year.

The Slow Rides group (links posted above) is still going strong and I am about to post details of the monthly group rides up to June 2012. Anyone is free to join in but please read the first post on the BikeRadar thread to understand what we're all about.

I would be interested in the Brodsworth route as we only really know one route of any distance which is Sandall Beat woods - Cantley Park - Old Cantley - through Cantley to Bawtry Road - Greenway to Rossington - Bawtry Road - Woods to Hayfield Lakes - over the railway and woods to Auckley - Road to Branton, turn right towards Armthorpe - Path from Gate Wood Lane to Armthorpe - woods to Ikea estate - road to Armthorpe woods towards Sandall Park and back to Sandall Beat. Think it's about 20 miles but we take it steady.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Hi Cheshley,

the Brodsworth route is undulating without too much road work - it can be made more "interesting" by climbing Brodsworth tip the hard way and stables lane is steepish out of Barnbrough.

If you fancy giving it a try leave a message and we can organise a ride - I'm not very fit at the moment but it would make a change to ride in a group since I usually ride solo.
  • looking for mountain bikers around Doncaster to hit trails,road and some gentle downhill share some routes and have a laugh with on the track been thinking about lakes and camping further down the line single tents obviously!
  • Cheshley
    Still here, still pottering around the lanes and also doing a bit of road work, still also running the Slow Rides group on Facebook. Where abouts are you?
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill