Hi people

p0xy
p0xy Posts: 5
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
hey people just bought a cheap mountain bike today 2nd hand, its a Claud Butler Carabo.... I know its old school but gotta start somewhere lol.... it hasnt got suspension forks and I was wondering which ones I could put on? Heres a pic of the bike :-

ABCD0008-1.jpg

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I think it is going to need a 1 inch steerer threaded fork, which is quite rare as the current standard is 1 1/8 inch threadless / A-head headset forks

These might do the job http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/biz/p ... xProd=6984 but I have no idea if they are any good.

You could ride it as is, my first mtb's were rigid and we still had fun.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    If it is a 1inch steerer, your choice is very limited....looks in good nick thouugh !!!
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • p0xy
    p0xy Posts: 5
    cheers for the replies... ye its in real good nick :)
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Keep it the way it is and enjoy it. For what it'd cost to fit a decent front suspension fork you'd be better buying a good second hand mountain bike with forks. If you're sensible with the tyre pressures you don't realy need a fork for a lot of trails and tow paths. You could put on a suspension seatpost perhaps.

If you put slick tyres on this it'd make a good commuting bike.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    If you really want sus forks have a look on Retrobike classifieds, they will have what you need, TBH, not much that a bike like that will do nicely needs sus forks.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy