Wiggle - I like them - they are hopeless.

chipperleenie
chipperleenie Posts: 217
edited June 2010 in Road buying advice
Just received an order from Wiggle for some training tyres - ordered Vittoria Rubinos at 11.69 each and they sent me Vittoria Rubino Pros worth £25 each - thank you very much Mr Wiggle. :D

Last year I ordered some Oval tri- bars for about £60 and they got it wrong and sent me the £100 model instead.

Am I just luck or are they always this bad/good.

They delivered them nice and quickly too, ordered saturday night and delivered Tuesday am.

Comments

• Variado
    Variado Posts: 107
    I've had the opposite - always the right order, but so slow at times.

They've not processed my order from Friday yet, and I cancelled an order for a £1000 bike earlier this year when they hadn't looked at it after 5 days. If I wanted to be ignored i'd go to my LBS... ;)
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I am surprised. I've used them dozens of times with never a mistake - delivery sometimes next day but never more than two working days for stuff that is shown as in stock.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Just received an order from Wiggle for some training tyres - ordered Vittoria Rubinos at 11.69 each and they sent me Vittoria Rubino Pros worth £25 each - thank you very much Mr Wiggle. :D

Last year I ordered some Oval tri- bars for about £60 and they got it wrong and sent me the £100 model instead.

You are lucky. All I get from Wiggle is great service :)
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Carl_P wrote:

You are lucky. All I get from Wiggle is great service :)

And Haribo :D
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    Never even received any Haribo :cry:
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225

They delivered them nice and quickly too, ordered saturday night and delivered Tuesday am.

If this is the case can you order me...................................... :D

Nice one and good luck, lets hope they do not use this forum!
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Haribos are overrated ....... wine gums every time. And I've never had a problem with Wiggle either
  • Lady Venom
    Lady Venom Posts: 213
    I get haribos too :)
  • ordered two pairs of brake blocks and received three pairs, could hardly complain about that. also returned some faulty arm warmers, full refund including the postage within about 3 days of me posting them back, again faultless service. prices seem to have crept up recently but i do tend to spend all day scouring the net for best prices (its my job). still bargains to be had when the time is right.
  • Freeza
    Freeza Posts: 128
    bilirubin wrote:
    lets hope they do not use this forum!

Scroll about 2/3 down this page....
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=20
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    They have been excellent for me; always the right order and delivered in 5 days to Hong Kong.

But no Haribo!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Freeza wrote:
    bilirubin wrote:
    lets hope they do not use this forum!

Scroll about 2/3 down this page....
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=20

Lol, lets hope they will miss this one.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wiggle have always given me the right stuff, and I've spent god knows how much with them over the years, and its usually here the next day. Sometimes unfeasibly quick.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bought 2 bikes and £1000s of clothes, accessories etc from Wiggle.

Nothing but exceptional service.
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    I've stopped using them as they send by (sh)ity link, which as (sh)ity link are useless and expect people to be in all day during the week, or waste their Saturdays waiting for the delivery (i.e. no training ride allowed), means I have to go and collect the parcels from the (sh)ity link depot on saturday mornings. Which is 25 miles away. So that's an hour's wasted time and about £8 petrol. Hardly convenient.
  • Variado
    Variado Posts: 107
    Starting to think it's me... :shock:

I'm a "platinum" customer as I use them for a lot of stuff - decent selection and price, especially when one of the offers comes in, and the order's always done right - but if I need something in a hurry i've started going elsewhere.
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    Quicker than Evans or CRC in my experience. But only tend to have what they have if that makes sense.

10/10 for service.(sometimes with Haribo, sometimes not)
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    I'm a 'Platinum Customer' as well, but I'm starting to feel they aren't as good as they used to be.

For example, it was usually the case that Wiggle always had the best deal, but now I find other sites can be cheaper.

Another one is that I've noticed since they switched to free shipping, they don't dispatch orders as quickly unless you pay for delivery. Kind of similar to how Amazon works.
  • bilirubin wrote:

If this is the case can you order me...................................... :D

Nice one and good luck, lets hope they do not use this forum!

Wiggle do use this forum. If you could all please return any items not ordered and we'll exchange them for the correct ones. Only joking.

Like any company, genuine mistakes can happen. We have a picking system which helps resist mistakes, but sometimes mistakes can still happen.

In terms of slow delivery, sometimes we can be unfeasibly busy and although we could call in agency staff to help pick and pack, we can't get untrained staff to build and test your new bikes. During particularly busy times, bikes can take a fair few days to process. This is because each mechanic takes all the time needed to set up and package your new bike correctly. We can't rush this part. We are recruiting for Cytech trained mechanics now and despatch times are pretty quick right now.

Thank you all for your support and ongoing custom.
    Wiggle have created this account to address issues raised here whilst using www.wiggle.co.uk For normal enquiries please contact sales@wiggle.co.uk Sorry we cannot respond to unrelated private messages.
    The Wiggle Team
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Hand on hear I would say wiggle and CRC are the best two I deal with.

Wiggle pip it with their after sale service.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    No probs with Wiggle - Haribos and bottle openers. Keep up the excellent work, cannot speak too highly of them, apart from Carlesburg, the best on line retailer there is.

My address for freebies is :- 25 A............,

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Wiggle send most of their items via Royal Mail. Not City Link.
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    Pokerface wrote:
    Wiggle send most of their items via Royal Mail. Not City Link.

The last three things I ordered were sent by City Link, so I just gave up.
  • 3leggeddog
    3leggeddog Posts: 150
    I'm with you Hibs, I gave up on wiggle. Their service was always excellent, City link were lacking, expecting me to take a day off work to wait in for a £20 parcel!

I will return to wiggle when/if they can guarantee royal mail/parcel force. Tis a shame but your internal service can be exemplary and getting the goods to you is flawed then your overall service is lacking