thomson elite seatpost

Lapierre t 400
Lapierre t 400 Posts: 654
edited June 2010 in MTB general
as the title say will a thomson elite layback seatpost make my bike slightly bigger
I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    It will move your seat position further back. Helpful if your bike feels small. But your bike will still be the same size lol ;)
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Without knowing what your current seatpost is, how could we possibly know?
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Only if your current post doesn't already have a setback....
  • the current seatpost is a lapierre thing that came on the bike
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Don't know Lapierre specifically, but most stock seatposts are layback, they're cheaper to produce with an offset head if nothing else.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Something like this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=27860

has about 25mm of layback, which is about as much as I get from my Thomson
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Moving your seat back if the bike is too small is a bad idea.
    It will put your centre of gravity behind the balance point of the bike, get used to falling off the back of your bike.

LFMF, just get a bigger frame.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • I think that is a good idea getting a new frame or I Might try selling the lapierre and getting a 2nd hand bike
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    cavegiant wrote:
    Moving your seat back if the bike is too small is a bad idea.
    It will put your centre of gravity behind the balance point of the bike, get used to falling off the back of your bike.

LFMF, just get a bigger frame.

Absolute tosh :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    No, cavegiant hs a very good point. Too many people compensate with been positioned too far back. This places much less weight over the fornt end and can bugger up handling. Also less efficient pedaling as well. Effectively you are slackening the seat angle.