first sportive

jezzers1
jezzers1 Posts: 20
hi just done the 104 mile northern rock cyclone challange im 55 and was very pleased with 7 hrs 4 mins, i was on a carrera virtuoso which i got for 200 quid i commute 22 miles daily on it, but in the cyclone i struggled up the hills but made it. got my eye on a cannondale caad 8 or 9 any info on these bikes please cheers

Comments

• gniz80
    gniz80 Posts: 25
    i think you wont be let down. One of the few models that Cannondale actually still hand build in the USA you'll be hard pressed trying to find someone out there who has anytghing bnad to say about the brand, in particular their alu frames. They are the pioneers of alu rd bike frames. Id go CAAD 9 if i were you...(Iown a CAAD 5 and am very happy.

Ps> Why dont you go carbon? Just asking :D
  • jezzers1
    hi, 3 daughters at uni thats why lol would love to, is there much difference with caad 9 cheers
  • Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    I own a Caad9 and its awesome. For the money you pay, the quality is unbeatable in my opinion. Also looks great in the team clolurs :)
  • jezzers1
    hi variance how does caad9 perform on hills?
  • Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    Well I live in the trough of bowland, so its all hills here and the Caad9 is excellent. Feels light and nimble but also fast on the flat
  • jezzers1
    hi variance think ill opt for the caad 9 really caught my eye, how long you been riding one? is it a comfy ride, hoping to do ryedale rumble in august, cheers its 71 miles
  • gniz80
    gniz80 Posts: 25
    thought it wuld be worthwhile mentioning that we had a blitz fest down to brighton and back today and three of the riders in our group raced in the mens elite at last nights Smithfield Nocturn. - One of those guys was riding a CAAD 9 and when I asked him what his race bike was he said this is it!

You cant go wrong!