commencal hanger

Pritchardd04
Pritchardd04 Posts: 37
edited June 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
i have just snapped the hanger on my 08 commencal combi, my friend has a 09 commencal normal which he doesn't use that much but he has snapped two hangers i was wondering if i could put a tougher different brand one

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    BETD do a lot of hangers and they are well made and tough have a look at this to work out which one you need commencal hangers
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Surely the whole bleedin point of a hanger is that it is supposed to break before your rear mech does?
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    If he's snapped his hanger twice, then he's either not set his mech up properly or he's got some dodgy technique. As Father Faff said though, buying as strong a hanger as you can get does defeat the object slightly. I'd rather shell out £20 for a hanger than £60 for a new mech or £1k for a new frame...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • these hangers seem to be to weak though mine snapped when i put a little bit of pressure on the pedal to move a foot forward and my friends one snapped one of the first times he used his bike and the gears where set up properly