Garmin edge 705 routes only one?

mtbhenry888
mtbhenry888 Posts: 287
Hoping someone can help me, I have an edge 705, I love it! But I cannot seem to upload more than one preplanned route to it.

I have been creating routes in GPSies and Bikeroute toaster and then downloading them in GPX track format then loading them into mapsource and syncing them to the Edge that way.

The problem I have is that I can only put one route on at a time, if i sync one route, then try and sync another it just replaces the old one with the new one. I don't think its a size issue as it has 1GB of internal memory and I think one route is about 100kb

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?? Thanks
Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    If each route has a different name you can have as many as you have space for. Sounds like each route you upload has the same filename as the previous so you are just overwriting the old one.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I find it much easier to do it manualy (not as hard as it sounds).

Make sure your GPX files have different names when you export them from gpsies.

Plug the Edge into your PC it will show up as 2 drives. One is the SD card with the map, the other is the Edge itself. On the Edge is a folder called 'Garmin' inside this will be several other files and Folders, 'History' 'Courses' 'GPX' 'Workouts' etc etc. Just drag your GPX file to the GPX folder.

That's all there is to it. No need to use mapsource at all.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    BikerouteToaster names each course as course regardless of the name you give it. I upload routes to my 705 with the Garmin folder open and then remane and upload more if I have to.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mtbhenry888
    mtbhenry888 Posts: 287
    Ill try naming them different, thats possibly the problem :oops: if not I guess its back to square 1 thanks for the help so far guys
    Carbon fibre, it's all nonsense. Drink beer. Ride a steel bike. Don't be a ponce.
  • rookiee
    rookiee Posts: 9
    Two questions for Edge 705 owners. How long does the battery last (in spec it says up to 15 hours and seller told me that in reality it's between 8-10 hours) and does it work with memory cards bigger then 2 GB? Tnx! :)
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Doesn't work with bigger than 2GB sd cards, not that you need any bigger.

Never tried running the unit right down as i normally upload data to the computer after every ride or 3 and it charges when you do that.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Never run it flat but I've done an 8 hour ride with my 705 and the battery still had life in it.