Arran
Carpe Diem

Comments

• Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    How many times a week do you ride and what cat are you in? Just curious

Thank you
    Arran
    Be wary of making assumptions. I've heard of few Elite riders who ride well on 10 hours per week. And I knew a 3rd cat who rode numerous 16-22 hour weeks and never made it to 2nd cat. Its really about how much natural talent you have (blame parents and grandparents if your lacking :cry: ); how trainable you are (alas not everyone responds brilliantly to training); how effective your training is (a coach would probably help there); how motivated you are (some people simply won't be motivated to train hard enough to get better). Anyways to answer your question I'm an average 3rd cat and average 6-9 hours per week training.
  • LJAR
    LJAR Posts: 128
    +1 to all the above

not even any cat (my sprint power is awful, my race technique is even worse) and I ride 5-10 hours per week.

I average out at about 7.5.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Its about quality and consistency more than raw hours.

But for the record, about 12 on average, maxed at 16 for a 3-4 weeks in jan/feb. Currently on my way to 2nd cat hopefully (21 points to go).
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Dunno how many hours, it varies, about 200-250 miles a week, Sat/Sun club run, but next year this should be race/club run, Tuesday, turbo session or race, Thursday, turbo session or race.

A recovery day will almost always include some on bike for me too as I commute on mon, wed, thur and fri.