Accidental dream rides.

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Don't you think they are just the best rides EVER!

Went out this morning and decided to try a little route I've looked at a few times, but never done before.

Why? Because it's a bridleway, and round here, that always means 1 of 2 things. Either it's very smooth and boring, or rutted to death by motorbikes and unrideable. Either way, not much fun on a MTB.

Anyway, I am now kicking myself for missing out on this gem for so long. it was just astonishing! The terrain has this amazing natural "rollercoaster" feel to it, a bit like a giant, natural pump track out on open moorland. I've never found anything like it before. Most of the trails round here are very rocky, but this was grass and soil, with the occasional dry stream crossing.

The climb up there was fairly shallow, but quite technical in places, making it more fun than hard work. Then the whole 4 mile descent was just so flowing, it was like a man made trail, but better!

Then to top it all off, the open moorland section finished up in a fantastic, tight, twisty (although slightly overgrown) swoopy bit of singletrack that pops out on the road a couple of miles from my house.

Just felt like sharing :D

Comments

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    edited June 2010
    incoming PM !!! :D
    Caz xx

EDIT, DOH wrong thread lol
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I was once doing a pretty rubbish trail where the sign posting was rubbish :lol:

Anyway, I got lost but ended up finding a trail about 10 times better than what I had been riding. It was amazing, even if it did add about 2 hours to an already exhausting ride :lol:
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    Sounds awsome.

I did a route home on Thursday I haven't done since last summer and couldn't beleave how good it was.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Sounds familiar, after seeing a steep drop off at a point on my local trail, I eventually went looking and found a jumps park thats never used, 4 jumps, a see saw and an awesome DH bit after that, thats steep as!