New Member in Huntingdon Area

bmila
bmila Posts: 2
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
Just registered and wanted to introduce myself and possibly link up with some other members to go trail riding. My name is Brandon Mila and I just moved to the UK via the US being stationed at RAF Alconbury. I used to bike frequently when I was a kid/teenager but fell off for the last decade. I recently purchased a GT Avalanche and have been riding trails in the nearby area (Grafham Water, Thetford Forest mostly) trying to get acquainted with the sport again. I'd like to tackle some tougher trails but really don't know anyone else interested in mountain biking and was hoping I might get to know some of you members and possibly get an occasional invite when you guys decide to hit the trails.

Comments

• Welcome! I am stuck with the trappings of fatherhood at present - tagalongs ice creams and what have you in the main. You might want to look at the TIIMBER website which you can link to via the forestry commission's site for Thetford. They organise races, rides and build days from what I can see. The bike shop at Grafham should be able to put you in contact with local cycling clubs.
  • There is a bike fest at Grafham Water this weekend. I suggest getting down there and getting stuck in. Any local groups/clubs worth their salt will doubtless be in attendance.