Fishy Ebay Listing - Wilier

El Diego
El Diego Posts: 440
edited June 2010 in Road stolen
Item ID - 130399182914

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/St-Wilier-racing-bike-/130399182914?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1e5c65a042#ht_500wt_1154

Listed as St Wilier, which seems odd. The ad doesn't mention size of frame, model or anything that you would expect a genuine seller to list. Looks fishy to me.

Comments

• not too sure what's going on with the D locks in the wheels either?! :?
    Road: Bianchi Cento Strade C2C
    MTB: Trek Top Fuel 9
    Other: TBD....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A question has been asked
    How many speeds does the Shimano groupset have? If I was to buy the bike and put my track rear wheel in the frame would the gears still work?

Had a response to the question asked above
    The bike has 20 gears
    I am sure the gears would work if you change the rear wheel but would prefer you to make 100% sure
    I have only used the bike 3 times so it is in perfect condition
    Any more queries do not hesitate to ask

The groupo looks to be of Italian origin not Japanese.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I think the D locks in the wheels are an ingenious way to support the bike for its photo. On which subject, why are photos on ebay so often from above and down and not directly side on ?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The St Wilier should sell with the high number of bids it has attracted :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    The locks are still there because the railings had to be cut away...Silly You!!!
  • redvee wrote:
    A question has been asked
    How many speeds does the Shimano groupset have? If I was to buy the bike and put my track rear wheel in the frame would the gears still work?

Had a response to the question asked above
    The bike has 20 gears
    I am sure the gears would work if you change the rear wheel but would prefer you to make 100% sure
    I have only used the bike 3 times so it is in perfect condition
    Any more queries do not hesitate to ask

The groupo looks to be of Italian origin not Japanese.
    I'm sorry but what does this achieve? I'm no expert and wouldn't have been able to answer your question either, does that equate to me being a thief?

Just because someone's listed a bike with lack of description doesn't automatically make them a thief.