Repairing a hydration pack

Briggo
Briggo Posts: 3,537
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hi folks,

The devil cats have finally got their claws into my nalgene hydration pack while it was left out being sterilised and now the worst has happened, theres a 2-3mm slash in it!

I tried googling but to no success, does anyone know if you can either buy some sort of patch kit or patch it up with something else, not sure what glues etc you could use on the pack.

Dont fancy replacing it, it was £30 and I only had it 2 months the little sh*ts.

Cheers

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    have seen those little clear, sticky back quick puncture patches used with great success, so long as your carefull... not sure about any "official" patches though.... what about some copter tape?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Get a pack of aquasure off of ebay, and find a suitable donor material to make patches from. Simples
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Puncture repair patch?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    I've used a puncture patch and it's still there 2 months later. Worst case scenario is to go to Tescos and get a replacement bladder for one of their packs - a 2 litre one is only £12!!
  • I couldn't get a puncture repair kit to stick to my camelbak with the vulcanising glue. I ended u using a normal inner tube patch with a bit of superglue and it's been perfect for over a year.
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    i roughed mine with sandpaper and then added the vulcanised patch. 1 month on it's still working.

or a little bit of duct tape would do the trcik too.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Ah cheers guys wasnt sure if a puncture repair kit would be ok, the whole roughing it down and glue.

Different plastics react to different glues in various ways ;)