Noisy Tora 302's after warranty work

101_North
101_North Posts: 607
edited June 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Folks. Recently had a new steerer unit fitted to my Toras under warranty. They also had the oil replaced. Since then they've been pretty noisy - something which they weren't previously. If I pull up on the bars or go over a big bump there's a sound like an air rush from the forks. Is this normal? I've read a few posts which seemed to suggest it's OK but why has it only started since they were worked on?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Maybe you'd lost some oil. So it's only showing up now that it's been replaced. Or maybe the rebound damping is set much slower, so it's sucking the oil through almost shut valves. If you've got adjustable rebound damping then adjust it. Unless the forks are working well, in which case, leave it :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • 101_North
    101_North Posts: 607
    Cheers for reply. As you say maybe I lost some oil or the forks were never right in the first place. They seem to be working fine was just concerned as the noise only appeared after warranty work. Thanks

• KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    I know mine are a different make, Marzocchi, but mine are noisy as hell and is quite normal, a few of my riding buddys have Lyrics which are quite sloshy in sound aswell, just take it as they working, i think if mine ever go silent ill worry lol.
  • Eskimo427
    Eskimo427 Posts: 288
    All the forks I have, Rock Shox and Fox make the sucking noise your talking about. I was a little concerned to begin with but they all appear to be fine.