That '70s glam-rock look.

TheKrikkitWars
TheKrikkitWars Posts: 178
edited June 2010 in MTB general
I've recently got my lycra back from my folks house after rather a long time, and after wearing the shorts under baggies today I'm actually wondering why bother with baggies. However the aestheics issue does bother me some.

Opinions please?

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Option 3, the support of lycra without offending the locals.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I prefer baggies, but if I'm going out for a ride of epic proportions, I will stick some padded lycra cycling shorts underneath.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Apart from Gloves and Helmet and padded liner shorts. none of my kit is 'MTB' related...... oh apart from 2 XC jerseys from Lidls that make me look like a squash ball. I also do have an MTB jacket for the colder months

Baggy T-Shirt, baggy shorts/Combats with Skate shoes........ comfy and as stumpyjon mentions - I dont scare/offend anyone.... LOL
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I bought some baggy riding tops from Royal and Animal a couple of years back, and if you're a sweaty bugger like me they're a godsend, they don't soak up the sweat like a cotton T-shirt.
    Can't believe I rode without them all these years, but they're definitely not a necessity.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    comfort + decency = baggies with lycra

You shouldn't be allowed to wear just lycra until you're travelling consistently fast enough that people don't actually have to look at you- this is why roadies can get away with it.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Baggies with no liner for me, couldn't bring myself to wear lycra.
  • Always baggies with liner, unless it's absolutely brass monkeys outside, in which case I throw in some leg warmers as well...
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    Padded lycra for comfort, baggies over the top for decency.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.