Mud on clothes wont come out

CavemanDavvy
CavemanDavvy Posts: 121
edited June 2010 in MTB general
How do i get mud off my grey jersey, iv washed it twice and the mud is still dotted around it, any help pleaaaseeeeee :(

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bang! And the dirt is gone.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if it's staining, it's probably not just mud.
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    Vanish_Oxi_Action_1Kg.jpg
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    +1 for the vanish :D
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Buy another one, then stop riding when muddy out. Saves a lot of money on drivetrain bits, too
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • thebikechain
    thebikechain Posts: 136
    It's just going to get muddy again so i wouldn't worry too much.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    It's just going to get muddy again so i wouldn't worry too much.

+1, it's not as if you wear your riding clothes to work or weddings.... or is it?

It's mountain biking, you're meant to get dirty.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    How do i get mud off my grey jersey, iv washed it twice and the mud is still dotted around it, any help pleaaaseeeeee :(

Things could be a lot worse.. you could have gotten a stone chip on your forks...

MTFU this is mountain biking after all!
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Same happened to my cream shorts the other day, which I also like to wear out :-( Still can't get it out. Vanish is shit in my experience. Going to try bicarb in the sink and scrub it.
  • Tell her to wash it again!!
  • Anonymous
    I took my friend's daughter out to llandegla once. Despite telling her to just put on any old clothes that she wouldn't mind getting dirty (she must have plenty, she's a bit of a tomboy) she decided to put on a pair of thin, crisp white, brand new combats. :roll:

Then she got soaking wet by riding through the puddles. Ahem. I had to take off my T-shirt and give it to her to wear, to hide her decency. Luckily my shirt was big enough to practically be a mini dress for her.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Hanging clothes in direct sunlight, works for curry stains, worth a try :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Anonymous
    captainfly wrote:
    Where are we meant to find that in Britain though?
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    captainfly wrote:
    Where are we meant to find that in Britain though?

South facing windowa are fine, it's the UV not the heat that does it, maybe take it to tantastic or other sunbed parlour if you as so inclined, though watch the tanline :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830

Things could be a lot worse.. you could have gotten a stone chip on your forks...

Amen to that....
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478

Amen to that....
    +1

The mud is the trophy of the ride!
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830

Amen to that....
    +1

The mud is the trophy of the ride!

The only thing holding some of my MTB clothing together is a hardened layer of mud/blood/sweat.

It's not a fashion show!
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)