Koga Myata Mountain Machine

Dirtydog11
Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Don't know whether anyone's seen this

http://www.bergmoench.com/en/Default.aspx

I don't know what to make of it, its certainly a nice bit of design/engineering.

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I can see the thinking behind that but:
      If you need your hands free to climb up you won't be riding that back down. I imagine it would very tiring on the legs on a long descent. How many descents do actual descend all the way without needing to pedal? I I was in that sort of terrain I'd like to be carrying a bit more than just a water bottle.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    i wouldn't feel safe on something like that....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    I seen them a few months back on a website. Lovely bit of kit but I reckon it will come at premium price similar to that of a good MTB
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    :shock: I bet any money it will have a sticker on the frame saying not for downhill use like some front forks I know of
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I just don't understand why some will do whatever it takes to avoid climbing hills on bikes.

Yes, descending is fun, but ascending has its own merits too...makes the descent all the more rewarding. I know that sometimes climbing certain hills can be impossible on a bike, and I can see the sense there, but in general something like this wouldn't be needed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Wow, a 19lb backpack :/

I was hoping it was going to be silly light, at which point it would have been quite interesting. It's like a scooter glued to a rucksack. Sadly you could get a cyclocross bike with panniers on for just over that weight and have the option of riding a lot more.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Video was too long and slow to keep my interest/10

Seriosuly, get to the fricking point.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if the riders of those things can roll upwards away from gravity to the top of mountains using there sense of uniqueness.

short of writing nonsensical songs and wearing purple lensed sunglasses and a hair band, that thing couldnt be more hippyish.

i hate it.