wide shoes

kevin_stephens
kevin_stephens Posts: 184
edited June 2010 in Road buying advice
I'm after a new pair of shoes. I have wide feet so which makes should i be looking at? I will probably be getting some orthotic inserts.

Thanks
I want to climb hills so badly;
and I climb hills so badly

Comments

• also can anyone advise on shops in NW area that stock a wider range of shoes to try on?

Thanks
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Have you tried the search function? This subject has been discussed a lot recently.

From memory, Sidi do a wide-fitting range called mega, Northwave and Specialized both offer wide-fitting shoes.

Being from the SE I have no idea about buying them in the NW!
  • meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    I don't know about the NW area. I am remote from bike shops anyhow, and SIDI Megas are quite hard to come by, so when I was on holiday in US I bought my pair a while back. If you're looking at footbeds, then might be worth checking with cyclefit in London. I got mine made there and haven't had numb or hotspotted feet since. Might be worth giving them a ring.
    The specialized shoes tend to be fairly wide fitting, although I found them slightly uncomfortable (strap too short) on the instep of my foot as I've got a very high instep.
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    I would presume to have wider feet but I used to wear Gaerne boots on motorbikes no problem and the same with a pair of carbon gaerne shoes for the bike even tho' they 'look' quite narrow. Never had any problem with discomfort.
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • mike ives
    mike ives Posts: 319
    What about a look at the Sidi Cafe - http://www.sidicafe.co.uk/. They definitely do the Mega (wide) version in some of the shoes in the Sidi range.
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    Sidi MEGA as mentioned, also Shimano custom and Lake; both of these are heat-moulded if I remember rightly.
    Where\'s me jumper?