Have I broken the forum rules ?

It would appear that another member thinks that I have not read the forum rules before making my first post. I can assure you that I'm not aware of breaking any rule and it was not my intention to do so when posting my request for a valuation of a bike that I may or may not be selling.
The reason I signed up to the forum in the first place was because the only knowledge that I have about bikes is from ATB bike magaziines and websites such as yours, and I've forgotten most of it anyway because it is over a decade ago that I read anything about the sport.
I also read several posts on the forum before posting mine and they made me wary of various scams etc on eBay and Gumtree. I've only ever been a buyer on eBay and have never even heard of Gumtree and if I did decide to sell, I would much rather do so through the classifieds of a dedicated bike site like yours.
I'm aware that unscrupulous people could be trying to sell stolen bikes and using the forum to get a valuation, but I have all the documentation to prove that I am the owner and purchaser of my bike and I stated this in my post.
I'm not offended by anyone who is suspicious when reading a post like mine, and if I was looking to buy a second-hand bike, I would want proof that it was not stolen before parting with my hard-earned cash, but sometimes there are genuine people out there who lawfully want to sell their bikes and genuine people who are interested in buying it.
Maybe if I provide proof that the bike is mine, one of your moderators would be kind enough to give me a rough idea of what it is worth ?
I'm just like anyone else who is worried about getting ripped off which is one of the reasons why I still have the bike although it is rarely used which is why I was considering selling it.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hello,

If you want to sell your bike, put it in the classifieds section.

To get an idea of the price to ask for, look on completed ebay sales for a guide.

Thanks
    Matt
  • andyman01
    andyman01 Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply Matt. I'll look on eBay completed sales but if I'm non-the-wiser after that, I think I'll just have to keep it. It looks like you've got a few kids on here judging by their comments on my post. I had been hoping for some useful advice from someone knowledgeable on the subject, but I suppose every board has it's jokers.