Will a pop lock fit my forks?

iceax
iceax Posts: 72
edited June 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Monring all, im after a little advice please.

Will a RS pop lock fit onto these forks : RS Recon SL - 2010. (100mm coil)

If so is it easy to do?

My other question is, i see the above forks say they are available in 80/100 and 120mm.
Will this just be spacers that are fitted in the legs, ie can i make mine 120mm easy enough.

Thanks in Advance

Andy

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If it has a compatible damper the poploc can be fitted, if not you need to buy the whole kit including damper.

Only way to tell with travel change is open them up and look for the spacers.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    IIRC the damper unit is £70 or £90 with remote poploc.
  • iceax
    Here is a link to the forks:

http://www.sram.com/node/62/brand/rockshox/src/fam
    Ever hit a big rock with your fork locked out? Well, we have too. With this patented RockShox blow-off design, the ride stays smooth due to the small bump compliance and unexpected hits are absorbed immediately even while locked out. TurnKey is compatible with PopLoc remotes.

Does that sound like i need the damper - its a nice feature @ £30 but dont want to spend loads more on it tbh.

Cheers

Andy
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the Poplock is just a remote lever. but for it to work the compression side needs to be spring loaded. if your turnkey is just friction then no you cant use a remote.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • iceax
    thanks but i have no idea (im a n00b)

Andy
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Does the dial spring back on its own accord. I am guessing it does not.
  • iceax
    Ah no you are correct the lock out dial is not spring loaded it requires turning
    On or off.

Thanks

Andy
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so no you would need to buy a suitable compression cartridge to use a pop lock lever.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • iceax
    Thanks - looks like ill leave it then!

Thanks for the help

Andy