Lost: One mojo. Please return if found...

Willrideforcake
Willrideforcake Posts: 305
edited June 2010 in MTB general
It all started on Friday, with a trip to Thetford, and trails I know well. I hit the singletrack, and almost immediately found I had no flow whatsoever. Now, I know there's been some alterations to the routes,so I put it down to this, and of course, the heat. Fast forward to this morning, and a trip to Chicksands. I've been learning these trails, and whilst I'm not exactly going to challenging Peaty or the Athertons, I have been getting consistently quicker,and even getting modest air. Today though, nothing. Line choices all wrong, bike landing where it wanted to, not where I wanted it to. Utter pants.
So, if anyone sees a lost-looking mojo wandering around the trails looking for an owner, it's probably mine,and I'd love to see the little fella again...
Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...

Comments

• fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    Had that a while ago. Every trail was a total chore, the hills were just a slog and even the downs were "flat".

I carried on regardless and suddenly got it back. The riding through it also meant that when i got to be feeling good again, I didnt have to try and gain any sort of fitness and was truely zipping along.

Will keep an eye out up here for a lost, sad and lonesome mojo.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Buy something - anything - for you or your bike. Works every time.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    For a minute there, I thought we were talking a Mojo of the Ibis variety. I was just running out the door shouting "FINDERS KEEPERS" :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    For a minute there, I thought we were talking a Mojo of the Ibis variety. I was just running out the door shouting "FINDERS KEEPERS" :lol:

+ Mangetout!

I say, go for a few runs instead of rides. Then you'll keep the fitness, but also, you'll realise how great biking is compared to running, it's what I did in the winter! :lol:-
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I found mine Saturday morning, came out of no where!

Struggled to the top of White's was feeling pretty shaky and tired in the Van on the way down so was expecting to suffer, so much so I let my mates carry on to the top as I was sucking so much on the climb.

Let them do the Black Run without me, I'm injured and promised my surgeon I wouldn't go 'mad'. But as soon as we hit Windy Point my flow/grace/style/mojo whatever you want to call it came back in spades!! I was launching all the little kickers and committing to all the turns at full speed. Still had to hold back a bit because of the above but it was brilliant.

First decent ride in a year! Just need the fitness back now...
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    That's funny - I was riding through Thetford the other day and felt all sluggish, not able to get out of the granny ring ..... then WALLOP ..... all of sudden I just started to flow and I mean SMOOTH, FAST - always getting the perfect line and the way I rolled up any incline was very unusually speedy .....

So - in short - I am keeping your mojo !

:twisted:
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • BigAirNig wrote:
    That's funny - I was riding through Thetford the other day and felt all sluggish, not able to get out of the granny ring ..... then WALLOP ..... all of sudden I just started to flow and I mean SMOOTH, FAST - always getting the perfect line and the way I rolled up any incline was very unusually speedy .....

So - in short - I am keeping your mojo !

:twisted:

Dammit! I knew it was around somewhere!
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Try something completely different. Last time I felt like yourself I went out and just did road miles on my Hardtail for a couple of weeks. By the time I got back to the rough stuff I was gagging for it.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • i did thetford and until i got to the beast i was also very much meh, cant really be bothered with this riding stuff haha, but the beast bit was good fun enough to make me stand up again

(id gotten so lazy i was just sitting for a large bit of the trail)
  • Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Its probably lurking at the bottom of one of the bombholes. If you go down fast enough you might just catch it off guard before it scurries off under the nearest bush ;)
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    .blitz wrote:
    Buy something - anything - for you or your bike. Works every time.

+fruit basket hat.

lost my mojo few weeks ago, bought new tyres :D
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Found it for you :lol:

mojban_l.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.