Motorhomers with knickers in a twist

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,550
edited June 2010 in Campaign
I have recently bought an old campervan to use following next month's TdF. I joined a motorhome forum to get advice, of which thee has been lots and it has been a valuable resource.

Unfortunately a biff has started about cyclists following 1 idiot's rant about riding 2 abreast on country lanes and how many high end road bikes are "unsuitable for the public road". In page 7 the OP even admits to hitting a cyclist whilst overtaking him.

your thoughts please.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-87 ... asc-0.html

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    :shock:
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    it appears the thread has ground to a halt after the last poster asking if the militant posters considered his wife's death after being hit by a car whilst cycling was 'A suicide' by their reckoning.

But +1 for :shock:

And I think whilst this level of vitirol remains in even a minority of other road users there won't be any great changes in the majority view of cyclists.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I just went and read the whole topic. And for a "motor" orientated forum the majority of posters seem quite intelligent and know what they are talking about. However the massive repetitive ignorance is only displayed by a handful of posters.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sirmy
    sirmy Posts: 67
    The in the OP is directing me to a log in page - any idea of the title given to the posting?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    sirmy wrote:
    The in the OP is directing me to a log in page - any idea of the title given to the posting?

The mentioned thread was deleted the same as it was discussed on here, hence the link in the OP is a dead link.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    There are always trolls, and pillocks.

Getting wound up aint worth the steam.

I'm off to the TDF next year in my folks motorhome. Easier than buying a bike box and paying for rooms....