Watching this still brings a tear to my eye!

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited June 2010 in Road general
The late great Marco Pantani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66iXTQio7wk

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Just been trying to read his life story by Matt Rendell.

Don't know about you, but all the Marcos, Paolos, Ninos etc got me confused, as well as the minute detailed medical/technical evidence and reports. Not an easy read at all...

Thought he was a great rider - still do - even though there's overwhelming evidence to show he was not going well on "Natural Talent alone".

Trouble is, me 'airs gone and with me goatee too, I look the spittin' image!

ELFATTYTINO?
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    I always find it interesting how some cyclists who were caught doping are considered heroes while others are villified. I guess you just have to die tragically to establish your status.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I always find it interesting how some cyclists who were caught doping are considered heroes while others are villified. I guess you just have to die tragically to establish your status.

No one is condoning his actions......however, he payed the ultimate price! Personally, I loved to see Marco in action, a superb hill climber!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Splottboy wrote:

Don't know about you, but all the Marcos, Paolos, Ninos etc got me confused, as well as the minute detailed medical/technical evidence and reports. Not an easy read at all...

Thought he was a great rider - still do - even though there's overwhelming evidence to show he was not going well on "Natural Talent alone".

ELFATTYTINO?

I gave up reading the book for exactly the reasons you said. A much better one Man on the Run by Manuela Ronchi, Pantani's manager.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Great video... best played with the sound down though.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • GarethPJ
    GarethPJ Posts: 295
    Splottboy wrote:

ELFATTYTINO?

I gave up reading the book for exactly the reasons you said. A much better one Man on the Run by Manuela Ronchi, Pantani's manager.

I'm glad to read these comments. I bought it after reading rave reviews and gave up on it too, I found it almost unreadable. Glad it's not just me.