Canary Wharf Tour Series

2»

Comments

• White Horse
    White Horse Posts: 161
    Yes, it means the only breaks that will work are ones where teams are equally represented in the break. If one team gets 2 riders away, no-one else will work. The lumpier courses should make it interesting as breaks will be fragmented so it will almost be every man for himself and the best team will win.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Mme Marie,

I was there last night too spectating. A great event altho yes too much hanging around and it got flippin cold especially in the pits area.

I had my stills camera and HD video cam with me and shot some footage. I will see what i can find and let you know.

Ooooh, thank you! We are still waiting for the organizers to send us the pics they took of us in the podium.

MadammeMarie, I have now got round to editing my pictures. I got a few of the pro-am race so perhaps you are on there.

Pictures here. You can click the bottom right for full screen and scroll through them by clicking on the thumbnails.

I also shot a video and it's edited and available here. Best viewed with sound:

The Tour Series, Canary Wharf: a cycling movie
    FCN = 4
  • MadammeMarie
    MadammeMarie Posts: 621
    MTB-Idle wrote:

MadammeMarie, I have now got round to editing my pictures. I got a few of the pro-am race so perhaps you are on there.

Pictures here. You can click the bottom right for full screen and scroll through them by clicking on the thumbnails.

I also shot a video and it's edited and available here. Best viewed with sound:

The Tour Series, Canary Wharf: a cycling movie

Great movie! Love the tune you used; the best track from 2009, hands down!

Anyway, can't find the photos. Every link I click goes to the same page...?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,953
    Just found out the series is coming to Northern Ireland (Belfast City Centre)

Woohoo!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Great movie! Love the tune you used; the best track from 2009, hands down!

Anyway, can't find the photos. Every link I click goes to the same page...?

Glad you liked it. you are on the correct page you just need to scroll through the photos (I uploaded additional MTB pics over the weekend.

Click here

and then when you see the picture of the guy on the mountainbike look at the bottom right of the picture and you will see a small white button that looks liek a screen. Click this and you get the full screen.

Then using the arrows at the foot of the page click the right arrow about 10 times and then click on one of the pictures at the foot of the page

Keep going right and you will see all the pics from the event.

e.g. this one:

25-05-2010_15.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • MadammeMarie
    MadammeMarie Posts: 621
    "MTB-Idle wrote:
    Glad you liked it. you are on the correct page you just need to scroll through the photos (I uploaded additional MTB pics over the weekend.

Click here

and then when you see the picture of the guy on the mountainbike look at the bottom right of the picture and you will see a small white button that looks liek a screen. Click this and you get the full screen.

Got it, thanks! Didn't find myself in any of them, but loved those photos! Great work!
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    I went along to the Portsmouth round. It had thankfully stopped raining by then. I didn't see the crashes that apparently happened at the other end of the course, but saw the aftermath as riders rode around to the pits.
    It was good fun. Unlike most cycling spectating where you see the bunch whizz past the once, we got to see them every km or so. I love how you can feel the wind as they fly past, it's easy to see how the whole "cycle in a bunch" thing works.
  • tailwindhome
    Watched last nights coverage

Does anyone know why the crowd were waving green flags with a white cross?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Watched last nights coverage

Does anyone know why the crowd were waving green flags with a white cross?

"National" flag of Devon?
  • At first I thought that it was Cycling Ireland supporters, but Essexian is right, it's the flag of Devon.
    devon_flag_270.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    Thanks for that.

You live and you learn
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I'm doing one of the fun races beforehand with my school in Woking, look out for Gordons, we have about 4 teams this year.

Last year we won by half a lap of so, over a 4 lap relay thing, and we got free team issue jerseys and waved flags at the start of the race :D
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy