Haribo Kiddies Super Mix

JimmyK
JimmyK Posts: 712
1120u.jpg

its my 10 yr old daughter`s 11th birthday on sunday, i was in tescos getting some bags of the above sweets. i read the back of them and these are some of the stats

energy per 100g 1436KJ 344 kcal
protein per 100g 6.6 g
Carbohydrates per 100g 79.0 g

i tried jelly babies and got sick of the flavours, i love haribo , so i bought a packet for saturday`s 50 mile ride. those stats look good to me, anybody else ever tried them ?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Use Haribo's all the time after seeking the advice of my nutritionist, scoffed 2 bags along with 4 slices of malt loaf on a 48.99 miler, can't class it as 50 :( and my blood sugar levels were at a normal level when I checked them about 30 mins after getting home. Got to clear the kids sweet shelves in Morrisons tomorrow.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    JimmyK wrote:
    its my 10 yr old daughter`s 11th birthday on sunday..............
    [pedant alert]Surely your 10 yr old daughter couldn't have any birthday other than her 11th? [/pedant alert]

:wink:

Ruth

ps. I'm sure the sweeties will work fine. Sugar=carbs=good news innit? But take some plain water with you because you'll need it to go with the carbs and also so you don't rot your teeth.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    But take some plain water with you because you'll need it to go with the carbs and also so you don't rot your teeth.

Mine go down whole, I don't chew them mainly cause of the dental health aspect.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • how the hell could you chew haribos when doing anything more than moderate exercise?? It's like chewing on old tyres...
  • JimmyK
    JimmyK Posts: 712
    pop in mouth..........swallow
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    JimmyK wrote:
    pop in mouth..........swallow
    That's what I would do with a tablet or pill. But where's the pleasure in swallowing food whole? :shock:

Ruth
  • Exactly - if you pop in mouth and just swallow, you might as well glug PSP...yuk.