Got Panniers

Zombie_donkey
Zombie_donkey Posts: 359
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Topeak rack and MTX topbox with fold down side bags.

I rode to my local Halfords, bought them and sat outside the shop fitting them with my Aldi £4.99 tool kit in the sunshine yesterday. Nice!

Very neat and I can now use the bike for minor shopping trips, I reckon I can get 6 cans of lager in the top box and no end of crisps in the side bits.

I'm starting to find the ride to work too easy so I wanted to add more weight :lol:
Giant Escape M1....
Penny Farthing
Unicycle
The bike the Goodies rode
Pogo Stick
Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,

Comments

• Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622

I rode to my local Halfords, bought them and sat outside the shop fitting them with my Aldi £4.99 tool kit in the sunshine yesterday. Nice!

Very neat and I can now use the bike for minor shopping trips, I reckon I can get 6 cans of lager in the top box and no end of crisps in the side bits.

I'm starting to find the ride to work too easy so I wanted to add more weight :lol:

where are the dips gonna go though?
  • Zombie_donkey
    Zombie_donkey Posts: 359
    Aguila wrote:

where are the dips gonna go though?

Handlebar bag :wink:
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    thank goodness.

I find an average jersey will accomodate 4-6 scotch eggs or mini pork pies too.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :lol::lol: and 'they' reckon cycling is the healthy option :lol:
  • A wag at work has started calling me 'Granville' in a Ronnie Barker, Open all hours style. :lol:
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    fetch 'ur cloth
  • :lol:
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649

I got one the other day too - they are rather good!
    us0.png
  • I am having to lift my leg up higher when getting off the bike. I stopped at a busy road today and got off to cross but my foot caught the bag. I didn't fall over but I did look like a clumsy tit.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick