Roadworks on DSC

cjcp
cjcp Posts: 13,345
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Just a heads-up for those commuting through DSC...

Don't know if it was there on Friday (WFH day), but I drove into town tonight and there was ring-fencing around what looked like a big leaking drain/hole in the inside lane of the traffic light junction right at the end of DSC (eastbound).
FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
"It stays down, Daddy."
"Exactly."

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    What / where is DSC?

Can I have a list of all these obscure abbreviations which are clearly designed to exclude those not in the know
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    yep, its still there

DSC = death star canyon - obviously.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    spen666 wrote:
    What / where is DSC?

Can I have a list of all these obscure abbreviations which are clearly designed to exclude those not in the know

No. If we tell you, it defeats the point of having obscure abbreviations like that. Deeeerrrrr!

Besides, if you're not in on the secret, chances are you don't need to worry your pretty little head about such things.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    *puts on voice of Q* Do pay attention triple-six! Re-read SCR thread from the start.

Yeah, noticed the roadworks this morning. I could see them a mile off, the taxi driver up my chuff was obviously a bit more myopic. Back off!

There's another leak they haven't fenced off yet. too...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    spen666 wrote:
    What / where is DSC?

Some enlightenment here...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12685113
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Awwwwwwwwwww it's not where I thought it was at all!

Dammit.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I hereby nominate OKR as Old Kent Rd... Not that any of you West Londoners seem to care much about li'l old SE London
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628

Dammit.

I am presuming its going west as well...

Would be nice if they could smooth off the bit where the bikes normaly have to ride through - more than a few min craters and bobbles.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Saw it a mile of heading east this morning, unlike the hybrid rider in front who did a dramatic swerve into the path of a Range Rover to avoid piling into the barriers. Fortunately the RR driver anticipated the muppet cyclist or it might have been a bit nasty
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221

Dammit.

Heh. Vauxhall Bridge, or environs, was the first thing that sprang to my mind. Lethal area, that. I cross the river at Battersea Bridge and feel much healthier for it ;)