this is the life

milt
milt Posts: 115
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
wot can i say have trained for ova 30yrs for football and athletics and had my bike for 6wks its belta am now out 3 times a week averaging 10-12 miles for now and am really starting to feel benefits afta bing a slob 4 the last 6 yrs defo going to keep this going and hope to do coast 2 coast next yr

Comments

• nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Brilliant news, although your punctuation still leaves a little to be desired...
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Well done, keep it up, but please please please dont use text speak :)
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • milt
    milt Posts: 115
    nah just been lazy
  • nickfrog wrote:
    Brilliant news, although your punctuation still leaves a little to be desired...

uh ohhhh punctuation Nazi! zieg heil! 8)
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Too right, running is plain and simply POINTLESS! Why??????? Football's ok but rugby is better and MTBing - top class!
  • s-j-cooper
    s-j-cooper Posts: 43
    I've been running about 4 and a half miles a couple of times a week over the last few weeks to 'train' for a short local fell race. I'm really unfit and a tad overweight (by a couple of stone!) - a few of us are doing it together to try and get a bit fit. We thought an actual reason to do it would motivate us and the fact that we are all running together keeps us at it.

However, it is terribly boring, even though I can feel the benefits. I'm just looking forward to getting my bike and hopefully sorting out my fitness by riding - I've just got to wait for my cyclescheme voucher which is incredibly annoying!
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Football's ok but rugby is better and MTBing - top class!

This guy knows whats happening!
  • Oxygen Thief
    ;-)

I traine for the Great North Run and completed it, but what a pile of piss it was. Didn't enjoy the rnd one bit, thousands of people falling over?! Now at least falling over people on a bike is funny when you look back on it ;)

Running is awful.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    ;-)

I traine for the Great North Run and completed it, but what a pile of wee-wee it was. Didn't enjoy the rnd one bit, thousands of people falling over?! Now at least falling over people on a bike is funny when you look back on it ;)

Running is awful.

I entered the Great South Run (October) in a mad moment... :?

Needless to say i've done no training and am now regretting it! I am going to have to start running at some point....Am raising lots of money for charity though so it's worth it for that!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Oxygen Thief
    Walk it if you have to. I was in agony for the majority of it. Was training well too, but kneww injury 2 months before kept me from training, shouldn't have gone ahead with run but thought it'd be ok. Never felt pain like that in my joints before, for the duration too. Not enjoyable!!!!

But get some done and it will be enjoyable.