Kraken or Fury?...or maybe Rockrider 8.1?

jimmymagix
jimmymagix Posts: 5
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
I'm up for buying one of these in the next few days as my old bike is blowing out it's arse and bits are falling off.

Is it worth the extra ton for the Fury? I've had a sit on the Kraken 18" and it seems to fit well, but they didn't have any Fury in stock.

With cashback + the sale I can get the Fury for 480ish and the Kraken for 395.

Are these good prices? I've seen a few people on here that have managed to score a Kraken for 350, so is it worth holding out?

Alternatively, the Rockrider 8.1?

Edit: Or the Mongoose Tyax? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Mongo ... 5389/#more

Advice please. Cheers lads.

Comments

• MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Fury was a super buy at £439 a month or so back, still decent at £530? now ?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Fury is worth the extra, yes.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I had/have a Kraken and though it's a brilliant bike for the money, at this price spending a little more gets you a lot more. The Fury is well worth the upgrade.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bdigital
    bdigital Posts: 193
    Me and my mate both bought a bike at the same time.

I got the Fury, he got the Kraken.

You can tell the difference quite easily - even just the overall feel of the Fury is better quality. Its lighter, has better brakes, and the suntour epicons have been absolutley awesome.

Couldnt be happier with the bike (i should add that the Kraken is a decent buy, and does represent good value for money - but i believe the Fury is worth the extra)