Double to triple?

mariecross
mariecross Posts: 76
edited May 2010 in Workshop
Hello youlot. Well look at me in the racing section!! I have just bought a mint Pinnacle Expede Street 2009, great looking bike and with flat bars really helps my back out.
My question is.... currently it runs with FSA Omega double and 10 speed rear cassette with 105 rear and front derailers. Can I change to a 105 triple front, hope so cos I just bought one for £65 NEW bargain! It shifts with 105 flat bar shifters which are triple compatible.
Thanks for your advice. Going for a triple cos I am lazy...maybe...or just used to it on my stumpy!
Marie
Behind every successful woman is.......her bum!
Read into that what you will :)

Trek Fuel EX 9.8 - Oozes fun
Pinnacle Street - You gotta get to work!!

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I should have thought so.

What chainset did you get? You might need to alter the vertical position of the front mech if the size of the big ring is different to your double, and you will probably need to fiddle about with your mech limit screws and cable tension quite a bit.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    may need:

bottom bracket: so it positison the crankset correctly, but may get away without (I have on a winter bike)

triple front mech: triple front mechs have a wider cage than a double. Dodgy shifting in my experiecne without. Will possible need to reposition it vertically as well as mentioned above

long cage rear mech: you potentially will end up with more chain slack when your on the smallest back and front. If the reat mech doesn't have the capacity to take up that slack the chain will slop around.. not good

but im just a newbie when it comes to mechanics
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • mariecross
    mariecross Posts: 76
    I bought a 105 Triple and a 5600/3 BB, co I didn't know if the FSA one was compatible!

I can do adjusting so sounds promising.

Just taken the bike for a spin and it fast, and a hardish ride compared to my Gary Fisher work steed with slicks, may take some getting used to!!!!
    Behind every successful woman is.......her bum!
    Read into that what you will :)

Trek Fuel EX 9.8 - Oozes fun
    Pinnacle Street - You gotta get to work!!