Deda Newton 31 Handlebars & Deda Newton 31 Stem
Selle Italia SLR Gelflow Saddle
Deda Metal Stick Seatpillar
Continental Gatorskin Ultras 23

ribble.jpg

Comments

• sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    U sure it's the 'winter' frame?-don't see any mudguard eyes. Was after one of these basic road frames in a 56 but there website says out of stock.
    How old is your example?
  • JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    Sorry i just though the winter frame was just the blue/cheapest frame.

The frame and fork were brand new from Ribble in November and has only just been ridden this month when I took ownership :D
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Good spec on the bike by the way.The bars and stem combined are worth as much as the frame!
    Some people eschew the Ribble frames in favour of the big brands but for the money they take some beating.
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    I have a ribble winter trainer, its the same colour but it doesnt look like yours. headset type, tubing etc its all different.
  • JamesFree
    The headset is this Ultegra one with a M-Part converter ?

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... dset-10059

Knowing nothing about headsets should this prove a reliable headset and is it any better or worse than the internal/hidden headset the ribble frams usually come with
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    Theres nothing wrong with it.
    JamesFree wrote:
    Knowing nothing about headsets should this prove a reliable headset and is it any better or worse than the internal/hidden headset the ribble frams usually come with
  • ScaldedCat
    ScaldedCat Posts: 111
    My o/h has had the same frame with Campag Veloce for his commuter bike for the past 7 years and it's been a good bike, the front mech nager has a crack but apart from that no probs.

Is yours the older model frame before they went to hidden headsets ?
  • JamesFree
    Nope this frame was new in November from Ribble, the previous owner had just decided to install a Ultegra headset with a m-part adapter that he had spare.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    AFAIK Ribble haven't used external aheadsets for years. Looks like an old stock frameset - not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • JamesFree
    Looks like that was the case then, shows how little i know
  • ScaldedCat
    ScaldedCat Posts: 111
    Nothing at all wrong with it if it a slightly older frame, it's still just as good, plenty of people prefer the traditional headset type anyway.
  • JamesFree
    Im just more than happy with the parts it came with as once I progress I can just move my parts over to a different frame, has anyone used the lighter alloy ribble frame ?