Poblem fitting my trailer to my bike

Gold Member
Gold Member Posts: 2
Hi

This is my first post on here so go easy......

I have recently aquired a Trek Go Bug Deluxe and I just cannot fit it to my bike (a Norco Kokanee 24 Speed).

Should I assume that there are just some Trailer / bike combinations that are just not compatible or should there be a way to do this?

The problem is essentially that there isn't enough space to fit the bracket thingy to my bike.

Admittedly I am not the most technical of people but I am convinced that I have done everything I can. PLEASE, someone prove me wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

GM

Comments

• Bear77
    Bear77 Posts: 60
    Where is it supposed to fit to and why is there not enough space. Have you had a look around for axle mounts?
    The revolution will not be televised
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    I'm not familiar with that trailer, but it does look like it has a metal hitch that you put through the QR/axle on the rear, and leave on the bike.

If I remember correctly, my Norco Fluid 3 had dropouts that weren't flat, so that would've made it very difficult, if not impossible, to fit the hitch properly without some other rigging/spacing/something. (Then again, perhaps I'm confusing it with the forks...) :S I know it did have some little open triangles around there, and then there was the disc as well. I just can't, for the life of me, remember if I ever fitted it to our trailer.

Some trailers just clip on to the chainstay - but I do think this sort of permanently attached hitch is a much better idea. (And not really permanent, as you just need to undo your QR to get it back off again).
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike