fill in the blanks with bikes

brin
brin Posts: 1,122
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
"ok then, thats sorted 7.00am in the car park" jimmy had mailed me back.
I sent a txt to dale who reluctantly agreed, having strictly religious parents they often frowned on him missing service on the ???
Dale said he would let the others know and hopefully we should have a good turn out.
We all turned up in plenty of ??? the weather could have been a bit kinder, overcast and a bit of a chill, but we knew with 100miles to go we would soon warm up.
We set off at a brisk pace heading into a stiff breeze as we turned out of the town into the country lanes.
As we were riding in a bunch we agreed to take turns at the front as we ??? this was the fairest option to give everyone a chance to set the pace.
It wasn't to long until we hit our first climb and i was surprised to see marc hit the front and ??? up the hill with little ease.
Marc stands 6' 4" a ??? of a lad compared to the rest of us, yet he spun the cranks like a man possessed. Considering we still had 80 miles ahead of us we took it easy and caught up with marc at the summit where he had taken a rest to wait for us.
Another hour passed before we hit the next climb, not as steep as the last one but much longer and a real brute that tricked you into thinking it had levelled out only to rise agagin and again, it was a long ??? to the top, but we eventually made it, albeit with aching legs and lungs.
As we started the descent from the top we could see for miles ahead of us, a sight that whetted our appetites as it was all downhill, but with some of the descents being ridiculously steep and twisting we had to descend with caution and ???
on the road ahead, for all we would have liked to speed down with our noses on the front hub.
Mikes mate Angus, was loving the challenge, being a ??? he was used to familiar terrain, telling us about some of the downhill mtb tracks in the highlands he used to frequent before he took up road cycling.
After 60 miles or so we decided it would be a good idea to ??? for a cafe or a pub where we could have a short break and refuel.
Harry knew of a coffee shop in a village nearby so we let him lead the way.
As we sat round the tables drinking our preferred beverages we commented on marc's climbing abilities, only to learn that in his youth he was a semi pro who often engaged in king of the mountain climbs through his club, this became his ??? discipline and at the ??? of his career he held many records for quite a few years.
We were soon back on the saddle heading for the final leg of our outing, and considering it was mostly flat and the sun had made a belated appearance we decided to take it easy and enjoy the scenery, so we rode at a more relaxed pace for the remaining 30 miles.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cervelo. For all of them.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    CAAD9?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Sabbath
    Time
    Giant
    Focus
    Trek
    Look
    Specialized
    Pinnacle

are all in there
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Ands wrote:
    Sabbath
    Time
    Giant
    Focus
    Trek
    Look
    Specialized
    Pinnacle

are all in there

You missed out 'Felt' & 'HED' :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    SUN.
    bagpuss
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    brin wrote:
    I sent a txt to dale who reluctantly agreed, having strictly religious parents they often frowned on him missing service on the ???

Dale is very religious himself, being a priest. He's ???

(Spelling not quite right, I know)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    RichN95 wrote:
    brin wrote:

(Spelling not quite right, I know)

Deluded?
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    RichN95 wrote:

He's often seen hanging around the BROMPTON Oratory ?

Snake

My Library
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    brin wrote:
    "ok then, thats sorted 7.00am in the car park" jimmy had mailed me back.
    I sent a txt to dale who reluctantly agreed, having strictly religious parents they often frowned on him missing service on the MISSUS
    Dale said he would let the others know and hopefully we should have a good turn out.
    We all turned up in plenty of 4x4's WITH BIKE RACKS the weather could have been a bit kinder, overcast and a bit of a chill, but we knew with 100miles to go we would soon warm up.
    We set off at a brisk pace heading into a stiff breeze as we turned out of the town into the country lanes.
    As we were riding in a bunch we agreed to take turns at the front as we FELT LIKE PRO"S this was the fairest option to give everyone a chance to set the pace.
    It wasn't to long until we hit our first climb and i was surprised to see marc hit the front and THE FAT GET GOT up the hill with little ease.
    Marc stands 6' 4" a PORKER of a lad compared to the rest of us, yet he spun the cranks like a man possessed. Considering we still had 80 miles ahead of us we took it easy and caught up with marc at the summit where he had taken a rest to wait for us.
    Another hour passed before we hit the next climb, not as steep as the last one but much longer and a real brute that tricked you into thinking it had levelled out only to rise agagin and again, it was a long WEEK to the top, but we eventually made it, albeit with aching legs and lungs.
    As we started the descent from the top we could see for miles ahead of us, a sight that whetted our appetites as it was all downhill, but with some of the descents being ridiculously steep and twisting we had to descend with caution and S H I T OURSELVES
    on the road ahead, for all we would have liked to speed down with our noses on the front hub.
    Mikes mate Angus, was loving the challenge, being a SWEATY SOCK he was used to familiar terrain, telling us about some of the downhill mtb tracks in the highlands he used to frequent before he took up road cycling.
    After 60 miles or so we decided it would be a good idea to WIMP OUT for a cafe or a pub where we could have a short break and refuel.
    Harry knew of a coffee shop in a village nearby so we let him lead the way.
    As we sat round the tables drinking our preferred beverages we commented on marc's climbing abilities, only to learn that in his youth he was a semi pro who often engaged in king of the mountain climbs through his club, this became his BEST OF A BAD BUNCH discipline and at the ARSE END of his career he held many records for quite a few years.
    We were soon back on the saddle heading for the final leg of our outing, and considering it was mostly flat and the sun had made a belated appearance we decided to take it easy and enjoy the scenery, so we rode at a more relaxed pace for the remaining 30 miles.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!