Cycle 2 Work

Stoo61
Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
My work is doing cycle to work but i've been told they deal with one specific bike shop in the town.

Is this likely to mean that there is no chance to look in other places? For instance the bike i'm after is actually in Halfords and the other shop has a poor choice.

If anyone knows that would be great! :D

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Which scheme is your company using?

There are several schemes, you cannot use a voucher from one scheme to get a bike from a shop which uses a different company for the C2W scheme.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • beechtree
    beechtree Posts: 85
    My company uses Halfords scheme,

BUT i've been told some other shops will also accept the Halfords vouchers ... does anyone have experience / or know which other bike sellers accept them?

Thanks
    '97 GT Zaskar Red Annodised
    '08 Kona Kula
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper
    '10 Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Halfords use their own C2W scheme, no other shop uses that scheme so they should not be able to accept a voucher from halfords scheme
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I was searching a few online bike shops and noticed one who said they take the Halfords voucher (can't remember who it was though sorry) so worth a random search.
  • beechtree
    beechtree Posts: 85
    Did a search and pearsons definitely do, even says so on their website.

http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/page/96/Cycle_to_work

Thanks for the help
    '97 GT Zaskar Red Annodised
    '08 Kona Kula
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper
    '10 Planet X SL Pro Carbon SRAM Red
  • nfiore
    nfiore Posts: 72
    If you contact C2W direct, they will source a range of bikes including, Cinelli, Brompton, Spesh, Charge, Orange etc as long as the UK supplier can provide fully built bikes off the shelf. I was looking at Surly and Salsa, unfortunately they had no available stock until Sept. I have had dealings with Pearsons, they were extremely helpfull, don't forget you also have Condor Cycles London.
    Don't dismiss your local Halfords, they have a special order catalogue which includes Van Nicholas, GT,etc
    Good luck
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Ask the shop if they can order in the bike you want, a lot of them can and do
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • sarkmeister
    sarkmeister Posts: 142
    Andy B wrote:
    Halfords use their own C2W scheme, no other shop uses that scheme so they should not be able to accept a voucher from halfords scheme

Several other shops do accept Halfords vouchers. Just phone the helpline and they will let you know where they are. I spent my voucher in Leisure Lakes as I wanted a Trek, and they have to sold through authorised dealers.
    Orange Crush 2010
    Trek 1.5c