Hanging Units

Sicknote64
Sicknote64 Posts: 39
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys
i have recently moved house and me and my partner would like to free up as much space in the garage for the children and all their bits. So we came to the conclusion of getting a wall bracket hanging frame thing to hang the bikes up to free up floor space.

It would be used to hang 3-4 childrens bikes (so not adult size bikes) and i was wondering how stable are they when hung from the wall. They will be screwed into solid thick brickwork. Also how many bikes can the hanging frame handle and how much are they

Any advice please email them to me

Cheers Guys
Si

Comments

• bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Depends on what hanger you get- they're usually designed for a given number of bikes. Are you planning on hanging them sideways on to the wall, the normal way up, or by the front wheel with wheels on the wall?
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Sicknote64
    Sicknote64 Posts: 39
    i would ideally have them hanging up sideways, so both wheels will be against the wall,

is there any that you would recommend?
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Hang on, do you mean with saddle and handlebars upright (ie. normal orientation) and side on to the wall? Just want to make sure. If so, as it's for kids bikes I'd probably make something up myself as normal ones may be a bit awkward. Else I'd probably start here- http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Minoura_Closet_Cyclist_2_Stand/5360018237/
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.