Eurovision song contest

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
Has anyone bothered their @rses to watch it?

I used to when it was a song contest, then I stopped and used to just listen to TW's comments while the scores were announced. This year I haven't bothered at all.

Not that it counts for owt anyway. I just wondered.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I watched it. GB came bottom so that`s a result. 8)
    It wasn`t even very funny this year.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Not worth it without Wogan's sarcay comments :lol:
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    No
    bagpuss
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    i thought it was hilarious, especially when Icelance had a model smoking volcano on thier table, in fact icland having to choose slightly tubby backing singers so they didnt make the main singer look out of proportion was funny as funny

in fact I laughed my ass off at the terrible-ness of the whole thing and at my friends wife who thinks that the scoring is someway linked to the song they just heard
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I went out and missed it, but cause the pogram overran I caught the end of it :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Frank the tank
    redvee wrote:
    I went out and missed it, but cause the pogram overran I caught the end of it :(

Unluckeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• ScaldedCat
    ScaldedCat Posts: 111
    Don't really understand why anyone would watch it. The UK should stop entering.
  • Frank the tank
    ScaldedCat wrote:

Niether do I, especially now TW's chucked it in. I believe the UK are one if not the major funder of the "contest". Can't imagine Azerbiajahn tv having a great deal of cash to put in can you.
    Tail end Charlie

• northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    ScaldedCat wrote:

Niether do I, especially now TW's chucked it in. I believe the UK are one if not the major funder of the "contest". Can't imagine Azerbiajahn tv having a great deal of cash to put in can you.

http://www.ebu.ch/en/about/index.php
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Please tell me there is a Facebook group calling for Britains withdrawal from the Eurovision Song Contest. Oh, there is!

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=20765597291
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I cannot help but sneer in contempt at people who watch this god awful event. It. Is. Fuck1ng. Terrible.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • antfly
    Is it ok to watch it in a post-modern, ironic kinda way ?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Why would you waste your time?

You could be sticking pins in your eyes or extracting your own teeth without anaesthetic in that hour or so...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I'm sure we just don't bother on purpose to avoid having to host........sort of like that father ted episode!
  • antfly
    Ben6899 wrote:

You could be sticking pins in your eyes or extracting your own teeth without anaesthetic in that hour or so...
    I was alone in the house on a Saturday night so it was that or Babestation and that doesn`t really get going until later. :shock:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    UK, nil points...

Wales, sorry Cyprus, more points!!!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    antfly wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I was alone in the house on a Saturday night so it was that or Babestation and that doesn`t really get going until later. :shock:

Good to see that you take full advantage of life's rich tapestry. :lol:
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I remember when that Babestation crap started, they nearly showed nipples then got told off. How long before they start jamming stuff inside each other? Never seen such terrible crap on TV before.
  • antfly
    edited May 2010
    I don`t think that`s allowed but if you watch it long enough you sometimes get a glimpse of something you shouldn`t and when that happens they have to stop the show {they could lose their license} and the girls are taken outside and shot. :(
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Any chance you could re post the link?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Eh? How did I manage that? Still, think it's such a quality link it just had to be posted 4 times!
  • jimmcdonnell
    jimmcdonnell Posts: 328
    "Your breasts are like swallows in nestling"??

W. T. F. ?

They don't make 'em like that any more.

Love the comment from the guy wanting the English mp3 as he already has the Swedish version...
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    Well I reckon the Armenian singer deserved a show of her own and her dress deserved an award (best supporting structure or something).