UK Trail Centre GPX files

JustGoRide
JustGoRide Posts: 37
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hi

I'm compiling a website that details place to ride in the UK and have a section dedicated to UK Trail Centres. I've managed to map a few over the last 18 months but as you can imagine there are many more trails then 1 man can ride in that time.

I was wondering if any you GPS using folk have any that I don't and wouldn't mind donating them to the site in the form of a GPX or TCX file?

The section on Trail Centres on the site is here..

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/TrailCentres/TrailCentresMain.aspx

Also if I've missed a centre, can you let me know and I'll get it added!

Thanks in advance..

Pete

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Just emailed you with 3 more Northwest Trail centres you've missed, Gisburn, Lee & Cragg Quarries and Whinlatter.

There are also local official developments at Billinge Woods in Blackburn and Healey Nab near Bolton.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • JustGoRide
    Got your email. Thanks.

I'll check out the links and add them to the database.

I'm also missing Bedgebury but I in the process of getting some data for that now.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    There's also Stainburn

link
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there's a shedload missing in Wales, but I don't have any GPS related stuff to add, sorry

(EDIT: Ah, trail CENTRES, oops nope seems like you got the majority of them :oops: )
  • ObscuraSky
    ObscuraSky Posts: 65
    JustGoRide wrote:
    Also if I've missed a centre, can you let me know and I'll get it added!

I've got a couple of small points to add;

The correct name for the Forest of Dean cycle centre is Cannop Cycle Centre

And, whilst there are mountain bike routes starting at the Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre, the actual cycle centre is a few miles away, and is called Glyncorrwg Mountain Bike Centre. I'm not sure what the relationship is between them, but I think they may be sister sites or something.
  • JustGoRide
    Thanks guys

I'll do some research into the link's that you've provided and get the missing centres added.

As far as the FC is concerned Afan Forest Park Visitor centre has an equal status to Glyncorrwg. I personally choose to use it as my base while I'm down there. The name used for the site sourced from mbwales.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Have a look at my website (see link in my sig) for UK trail centres.
    There is also a public map called MTB Britain on googlemaps that allows users to add their own locations.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • JustGoRide
    Thanks nonnac85, I'll have a look. you seem to have compiled some good info there!