Seatpost pump

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi all. I've been reading this forum for ages, but time to start posting.

Has anyone got/tried one of these. I'm thinking about getting one to upgrade from my Topeak Master Blaster Pocket Rocket, but I'm concerned it won't get up to a high enough pressure (~100psi).
The Pocket Rocket is advertised as reaching 160psi. If it reaches 160psi then I'm the odds on favourite to win the TDF riding a BSO!

Cheers
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    you get those in some dahons. make of that what you will
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    It's a good idea and quite innovative, but in practice I don't think I could be bothered with taking the seat off to get to the pump. Just as easy to have a pump in the bag or strapped to the bike for emergencies, and just use the track pump when at home.
  • EKE_38BPM
    spasypaddy wrote:
    you get those in some dahons. make of that what you will
    The only thing I can make of that is that Dahon saw a good idea and bought the patent.

• EKE_38BPM
    kelsen wrote:
    It's a good idea and quite innovative, but in practice I don't think I could be bothered with taking the seat off to get to the pump. Just as easy to have a pump in the bag or strapped to the bike for emergencies, and just use the track pump when at home.

I agree that its not as convenient, but if it does get to a high enough pressure (that a minipump may not reach) then it doesn't leave you open to snakebites after a visit from the PF.

• Pretty limited seat-post diameter, looks to only be available in 33.9 mm in the UK.

Which won't fit many bikes....

Other than Dahons.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    They all say they can reach high pressures, but IME the only pumps that can genuinely do so are frame pumps.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Ive got one on my Dahon Cadenza. When it works it is OK. Its a schrader valve and can get to 80psi with no probs. I havent tried it higher.
    The problem is when it stops working and I haven't figured out where the leak is.