Tour series itv4

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
just a quick heads up....Tour series starts this week Tues at canary wharf. Highlights wed itv4 at 7 o'clock. If anyone in north west they in southport June 8 and Chester June 21. Very exciting too
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Aye I saw the advert on TV, typical though..Wednesday evening I'm busy ..bugger :roll:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    awesome lol, i live in southport so il be goin down to where they are riding and spurring them on:D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    Flasheart wrote:
    Aye I saw the advert on TV, typical though..Wednesday evening I'm busy ..bugger :roll:

Flasheart, the broadcast is a recording from the day before so you're not going to see it live anyway. You can simply record it (assuming you've got a recorder in your new flat.).

I'm looking forwards to it - the first one is only a couple of miles away from here.
  • Durham on Thursday.

About 40% of the lap is on cobbles.

The main section of cobbles are on South Street which comes after the steep downhill of Crossgate into a tight right hand corner, everyone will be jostling for position ready for the long tight drag uphill over the cobbles.

It will be carnage

Can't wait ;)
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Flasheart wrote:

Flasheart, the broadcast is a recording from the day before so you're not going to see it live anyway. You can simply record it (assuming you've got a recorder in your new flat.).

Nope, not got a VCR or a digital recorder. I wonder if it will be on Iplayer somewhere.
    Cycling with my ladyfriend is on Wednesday this week instead of Thursday....typical.
    We have a good laugh out on the bikes so I don't want to miss out on that if possible.
    I'm hoping it rains so we can sit in and watch it. I'll cook her dinner to make up for it.
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Durham on Thursday.

The main section of cobbles are on South Street which comes after the steep downhill of Crossgate into a tight right hand corner, everyone will be jostling for position ready for the long tight drag uphill over the cobbles.

It will be carnage

Can't wait ;)

holy :shock:

might nip up to say Hi to me Ma and bob in on the way past.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Damn damn. Forgot this starts today and I was going to up to Canary Wharf after work to watch. Bloody had drive into work as I had to be in early and drop my little one off at nursery.

Need to make some plans here.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Flasheart wrote:
    Nope, not got a VCR or a digital recorder. I wonder if it will be on Iplayer somewhere.

Check out ITV's originally named......... itvplayer, it'll be on there.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    Flasheart wrote:
    Flasheart wrote:

Cycling with my ladyfriend is on Wednesday this week instead of Thursday....typical.
    We have a good laugh out on the bikes so I don't want to miss out on that if possible.
    I'm hoping it rains so we can sit in and watch it. I'll cook her dinner to make up for it.

Seeing as you seem to be back in the saddle :wink: why not ask your ladyfriend to record it? You can then watch it together over dinner at hers. And still get your ride in....
  • Matt the Tester
    i live in southport so i will be going to see that :D

i also get a chance to race on the closed off road a few hours before all the pro's do it! 5 laps :D can't wait :D:D:lol:
    north west of england.
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Cheers for the reminder, I forgot it was starting this week!!
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • Durham on Thursday.

It will be carnage

Can't wait ;)

Just got back.

They let them have a few laps practice so the expected carnage failed to materialise at the corner into South Street, a couple of snatched breaks, a slide and a bit of a tumble but that was all. The speed they took it though was amazing, as was the smell of burning brakes.

According to a couple of guys in the peloton, it was further back along Crossgate that there was a “terrible chute” apparently, that broke the bunch and it never got back together after that.

We moved round the course to the finish in time to see the sprint, I won’t spoil it but it was an absolutely awesome result.

If there is one near you, it is well worth going along to see it in the flesh; you wont be disappointed.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Sounds fantastic. Now all you've got to do is hope you got on tele....."Look mum thats me"
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I wish they'd update the website - they still haven't posted the winners for Canary Wharf or Durham yet, nor the results of the sprints.

...maybe we'll know the names of the riders by next season. :?
    Cycling weakly
  • skyd0g wrote:
    I wish they'd update the website - they still haven't posted the winners for Canary Wharf or Durham yet, nor the results of the sprints.

...maybe we'll know the names of the riders by next season. :?

The website is updated now
    http://www.tourseries.co.uk/NewsDetail.asp?Id=232
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    I missed this in chester last year, hopefully i will catch it this time :0
  • syncro
    syncro Posts: 120
    I've been on holiday in Portsmouth this week. The Portsmouth round is here next Tuesday, after I've gone back home! Bugger!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    The Durham round was really good. Dangerous hilly course with real racing, and won by a.......

.......I won't spoil it!
  • Matt the Tester
    GiantMike wrote:
    The Durham round was really good. Dangerous hilly course with real racing, and won by a.......

.......I won't spoil it!
    yes it was a very good race!
    north west of england.