Your worst ever training Session ?

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
Hit an all time low yesterday.

I had 3 hours available and manged 12 miles, a chicken madras with rice (at a proper curry house not Weatherspoons) and half a Cobra.

I deserve everything I get on the Dragon Ride after that !

What's your worst ?
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Sounds like an excellent training session! 8)

............just not for getting better on the bike :oops:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I dunno. I usually complete a training session once I start out on it. It's the getting started bit that has a high energy barrier for me. :D

But a couple of weeks ago I set out to do a 4-5 hour ride, got about 45 min and realised I was totally gone - just cumulative fatigue from 10 days of decent training without enough rest. So, I pulled the plug on that one and headed home.

Having said that, this Sunday just gone, I set out to ride about 80 miles, and once I'd done that I forced myself to push on for another 20 to get the ton. Can't say it was pleasant though, being out for about 6.5 hours in that heat!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Back in February, it was a windy day with sleet in the air and about 3 degrees. I was supposed to do 90 mins with 3x15 mins at 85-90% MHR... I lasted 1x15 and about 10 of the 2nd one before I pulled to theside of the road to be sick. So I went home... Stopping twice to be sick. Then spent the next 2 days in bed, being sick.

That pretty well sucked.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    We'd gotten three dogs from the rescue centre a few days before.

Whilst they were asleep, I started a turbo sesssion. One of the dogs decided it wanted a cuddle and pulled up against the bike without me seeing.

His tail got trapped in the chainset, with much yelping!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Splottboy wrote:
    We'd gotten three dogs from the rescue centre a few days before.

Whilst they were asleep, I started a turbo sesssion. One of the dogs decided it wanted a cuddle and pulled up against the bike without me seeing.

His tail got trapped in the chainset, with much yelping!

You didn't stop did you...?

I know someone who went to close the lounge door one time... It appeared to be sticking, so she gave it the big shove... The door slammed shut, swiftly followed the the scream of a little kitten (she'd just got two!), looking down she saw the other half of it's tail :shock:
    Kitten soon recovered... Took a while for her to stop throwing up, though. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Last year. Smashed my leg in March.

Year before last. Got DVT.
  • chaffordred
    chaffordred Posts: 131
    Doing the Sufferfest-Fight Club on the turbo a couple nights back. I had to get off the bike and collapse in a heap after 20 mins of pain. My legs just wouldn't turn anymore. I was convinced my training was going backwards until I walked up to the back of the bike and noticed the rear brakes were stuck on! I jumped back on the bike and it was like I was going downhill for the rest of the workout :D
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    Last year, pedaling home after a night shift - tried to do 5X5min intervals - I just couldn't get HR up into the L4 zone. It was a 12hour night shift and I was totaly knackered. Gave up whilst attempting the 2nd interval....
  • hopper1
    vitesse169 wrote:
    Last year, pedaling home after a night shift - tried to do 5X5min intervals - I just couldn't get HR up into the L4 zone. It was a 12hour night shift and I was totaly knackered. Gave up whilst attempting the 2nd interval....

Shocking... :oops:

I do 12 hour shifts, and just did 7 x 5 mins intervals, with 2 min Recovery... :wink:

MTFU!... :wink:
  • vitesse169
    hopper1

Posted 28 May 2010 20:42
    vitesse169 wrote:

Shocking...

I do 12 hour shifts, and just did 7 x 5 mins intervals, with 2 min Recovery...

MTFU!...

I am 50 tho - so that's my excuse.....
  • hopper1
    vitesse169 wrote:

Ah, ok mate, I'll concede that point, as I'm only 48! :wink:

And did 7x5's last night, too :D
  • vitesse169
    hopper1 wrote:
    vitesse169 wrote:

Ah, ok mate, I'll concede that point, as I'm only 48! :wink:

And did 7x5's last night, too :D

.....you youngsters.....!

however, the other day I did a 'pyramid' of intervals, 1/2/3/5/8/10mins effort with half that as recovery. That was a killer, but it is a good workout - but not after a nightshift javascript:emoticon(':)')
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Yesterday I went out for a 3 hr ride, but this week I've only averaged about 5/6 hours sleep a night due to workload (fair bit of work atm).
    Made it 45 minutes and then everything seized up. Hit the wall epically, and took me an hour and a half to get back, where I promptly collapsed.

Fun times.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • love2ride
    love2ride Posts: 224
    Today, in the heat, 30mins in, I realised I had no water bottle, nor had I drunk anything before setting off. Doesn't matter, I'll be ok. :roll:. Hour or so later drenched in sweat, slumped over the handlebars feeling dizzy. Couldn't do as many as the sprints I wanted to do. Got back after what felt like an everlasting headwind. I drank 1.5 litres of water the moment I got back and then felt pretty fine. Wont forget a bottle again.