Just had a look at evans sale, decathlon much cheaper

2wheelsonit
2wheelsonit Posts: 72
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
gotta say just had a look at the big evans sale and decatlon is much cheaper and the kit looks just as good most of these sales are b**locks

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    It would be more helpful to post the links to the like for like items that you have seen that are still cheaper in Decathlon than the Evans sale or even your own experiences of quality and durability of these items.

Decathlon own branded sports equipment is cheap but you can not compare it to some of the big players in clothing or equipment, otherwise your just making a sweeping statement and your post looks a load of b**locks
  • 2wheelsonit
    errrm no im not going to sit there comparing and posting links im saying if it were me i know where i'd be shopping in general u can get the same quality for less ie mudgaurds, pumps bottles,cages,cycle computers. i think omegas got up too early and is upset casue its raining and he can't go out to play

I am
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    edited May 2010
    Consumables are cheap at Decathlon and mostly OK. Other stuff can be very good, OK, poor or shockingly bad, depending.

Price can only be compared on branded stuff or KVI generics really, otherwise it's pretty pointless.

Evans have never been cheap in the first place anyway, even in the "sales" so i am not sure they're the best place to use for comparison.

Pretty pointless thread really, not sure why I bothered :lol:
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    errrm no im not going to sit there comparing and posting links im saying if it were me i know where i'd be shopping in general u can get the same quality for less ie mudgaurds, pumps bottles,cages,cycle computers. i think omegas got up too early and is upset casue its raining and he can't go out to play

I am

You are doing it again generalising, just because you have owned a budget mountain bike from Decathlon for 3 days does not make you an expert.
    If the title of this thread was changed to “No gear no idea” maybe other posters could give you constructive advice and recommendations on what to purchase.

:D:D:D
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831

I am

12 years old... :roll:

There's a section just for you..

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40032

:lol:
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    so, what your saying is that some stuff at a big international sports supermarket is cheaper than at a bike shop! no shite sherlock!
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    so, what your saying is that some stuff at a big international sports supermarket is cheaper than at a bike shop! no shite sherlock!

No! What he is saying is that stuff you can not even by at Evans is available at Decathalon but appears to be cheaper than a superior product which is available elsewhere. It is therefore a really pointless post.

I use Evans a lot and also Decathalon BUT I have NEVER purchased at the marked price at Evans. Price Match against many internet sites but with personal service and no hassle returns.
  • 2wheelsonit
    WTF this is a forum and i gave my opinion if u dont like it then dont tough sh*t im entitled to give it Omegas what a bitchy little man u are so what your saying is that cause ive had a £300 mountain bike for 3 days i have no idea about nething right so a mechanic has to own a ferrari to be a mechanic now does he what a stupid mentality u are the kind of nob who believes that cause he's got a £1500 hes the dogs danglys and knows more and has more skill than ne one else i feel really sorry for u ITS MY OPINION go and masturbate over you expensive bike cause u must be a god seen as though it cost more than my budget one :x
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Locked.

Don't use text talk and name calling. 1st warning.
This discussion has been closed.