GT Aggressor XC3

petefin
petefin Posts: 4
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi got this bike about 2 months ago and am havin fun trying to get better and fitter.
Have read in some reviews that it is able to take an upgrade or 2.
Would the tires be the first thing to improve? Then the forks?
What would work well on this bike
Thanks.

Comments

• cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    spot on, new fork and tyres will give the greatest bang for the buck.

Tora is the cheapest fork that works, 318 has a nice dampener in too.

Tyres are a personal thing, but I used to love the maxxis ignitors.

P
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • mf5
    mf5 Posts: 207
    The tyres and wheels make the biggest differences. So would recommend upgrading these first.
  • I've got the same bike but 2008. I'm planning to upgrade the forks to possibly Rock Shox Tora. So far my only upgrade was the disks from 160 to 180. This made a massive difference, probably because I weight 220 lbs. If you haven't got clipless pedals, this also makes a big difference - although expect some low speed 'offs'! The only problem has been the BB which was easy to replace (Shimano 54UB).
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    I also have this bike, I don't plan any upgrades though, I am purely thrashing it until christmas when my work run cycle to work. To be fair it's a very tough bike, and I've not had any problems with the forks.

I did smash a pedal to bits on a rock the other day, and the gears need very regular setting up, but very enjoyable to ride.