llandegla red and black routes

spudly1979
spudly1979 Posts: 172
edited May 2010 in Routes
hi guys,

thinking about heading over to llandegla to try out the course over there this weekend.

its a bit of a trek - 2hours or so, so just wondering if anyone knows if all of it is open yet, and how tough the courses are?

We're mainly xc, so are we going to be ok on the black routes here?
Canyon AM 6.0
At some point i am going to manage to jump one of these things.....

Comments

• Black isn't very technical really... any of the jumps/ drops can be rolled/avoided if needed!
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Its easy enough. You might want to go round twice because it is all over an done with rather quickly. :(

Drive for another hour and go to Coed y Brenin. You can spend the day there.
  • John Moore
    John Moore Posts: 580
    The new stuff isn't open yet and a lot of the rest of the trails are cut up with braking ruts which need some work doing on them.

If there's somewhere else more enjoyable I'd go there at least until the new stuff opens.

What about the Marin or Penmachno or both?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How's about, if you're unsure of whether you're technically up for a black trail, then you probably aren't?

The llandegla black trails, as tame as they ever were, have had to be domesticated, because to many people were having a go, and hurting themselves.
    So, as I said, if you're not sure if you're up for it, you probably aren't. Leave the black trails to people who are happy to throw themselves down anything, and we can ALL have fun, without having to suffer the indignity of seeing our fun trails turn into a family cycle route.