the best man made single track in the uk?

verve132
verve132 Posts: 15
edited May 2010 in Routes
where are the best man made single tracks in the uk..have been to dalby,grizedale forest and whinlatter forest(loved it!!!)..cheers

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Scotland-7Stanes
    http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/
    Kirroughtree is a belter.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    I cant comment on Scotland, although I do not doubt that it is probably the best from videos I have seen/ peoples comments, but I was impressed with the quality of singletrack riding in Wales, namely Afan when I went.

Still can't beat natural riding in my eyes though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hoochylala wrote:
    I cant comment on Scotland, although I do not doubt that it is probably the best from videos I have seen/ peoples comments, but I was impressed with the quality of singletrack riding in Wales, namely Afan when I went.

I'd venture that most singletrack in Wales is man-made in one way or another. Most of the paths, even really improbable ones, around here are the trails that miners used to follow to work and back.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    hoochylala wrote:

I'd venture that most singletrack in Wales is man-made in one way or another. Most of the paths, even really improbable ones, around here are the trails that miners used to follow to work and back.

Interesting spin on 'man made', I hadn't thought about it like that :) The little riding I have done in Wales, at Afan as mentioned, I refer to 'man made' in the trail centre sense. Of the natural riding I do in the Peaks, I suppose the same sort of spin on man made could/will apply.

Time to do some trail history research :)