Rapha Stowaway - Sizing??

Sammyw23
Sammyw23 Posts: 627
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
Want to purchase the Rapha Stowaway jacket but unsure of sizing. I am a 42-44" chest which suggests an XL but the sizing guide says 107cm-117cm which is 42-46"??

don't want it too big or loose - can anyone help to avoid me having to order a couple of sizes and returning one?? Ta
Cervelo P3
Bianchi Infinito
Cannondale CAAD10

Comments

• Lig
    Lig Posts: 178
    Hi,

I measure about a 105cm chest and I got a Large and it fits just great. I would say they are on the fitted/slim side....but I also have a couple (3 in fact) Rapha T shirts and these are XXL???!!

I wear a size L Assos Jersey and an XL Assos winter Jacket...IF your actual chest is 110 or over then I think I would go with the XL Stowaway..I guess it depends on how fitted/loose you want it....a difficult one really...

Hope this helps...

Lig.
  • ianeverton
    ianeverton Posts: 231
    I have today bought a Rapha Gilet and I had to buy an XL, I am 6.1" and approx a 40-42" chest.

If you buy a stowaway jacket get the pink one, it is awesome, I was very very tempted to buy it today myself, however plumped for the Gilet instead.

Sammyw23 wrote:
    Want to purchase the Rapha Stowaway jacket but unsure of sizing. I am a 42-44" chest which suggests an XL but the sizing guide says 107cm-117cm which is 42-46"??

don't want it too big or loose - can anyone help to avoid me having to order a couple of sizes and returning one?? Ta
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Sammyw23 wrote:

I'm 38" chest and have a medium. Small was too small
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,180
    I've a 40" chest and have a large. As Lig says, they are on the fitted side so an XL will probably do it.

Btw, Rapha are very good at refunds and exchanges so ordering two and returning one is always a straightforward option.
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    " above, if you think you need a large then Rapha is usually a size up.

If you return anything and say due to sizing they usually refund your postage as well
    I like white bikes
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    Cheers all - think the XL will be right by sounds of things but handy to know Rapha are good with exchanges etc.

Hmmmm pink stowaway with green bianchi? Sounds a bit Kermit/Miss Piggy to me??

May just stick with dependable black! :lol:
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • rapha are excellent with their returns service and customer care, swapping sizes is easy and hassle free should you get the wrong one...

its a great jacket, iv got the ladies version and am super impressed with it