which poploc for reba sl's

mintsauce5
mintsauce5 Posts: 193
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi ,
a bit of help needed please , ive got a 2009 rockhopper pro with reba sl forks , i'm looking to fit a remote poploc on them , i've looked through the faq's and done a search but i can't find anything telling me exactly what i need to buy to upgrade my rebas to a poploc , can anyone point me in the right direction please ? all advice appreciated :?:

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Depends on if you can. You may have a manual friction stack atm (if you do you need to change this)- you'll need a non friction one that's moved by the pop loc
  • mintsauce5
    any idea how i can tell what i have ?
  • Chunkers1980
    picture of the top and I can.

Do you currently use your hand to lock it out? If so you have a friction stack.
  • mintsauce5
    Hi ,
    yes i have to move the adjuster on the fork crown by hand :)
  • Chunkers1980
    there's your answer then. You need a pop loc kit and a sprung non-friction stack to connect to poploc to.
  • mintsauce5
    i've found a poploc adjust kit , do the stacks have to be purchased seperatley ?
    cant seem to find them on the chainreaction website :?:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You can get the motion control sprung damper and poploc as part of a kit.

Try and get a poploc adjust too, or you wont be able to tune compression damping.

This will not be cheap.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    It'd be cheaper to sell or swap them and get some WITH Pop Loc to be honest, most Rebas seem to ship with Pop Loc nowadays. You could sell them for £150-200ish if they're in very good nick and buy another set for the same with PopLoc. It certainly won't lower their value.

Frustratingly I'm the other way around, I much prefer the dial versions. Although I recently stuck a remote adjustable seatpost jobby on there, might bite the bullet and stick it on there for proper full array of levers :)
  • mintsauce5
    my next question , i've found the kit with the none friction stack but it says not suitable for 2009 reba's , how can i tell what year mine are , its a 2009 rockhopper does that mean they are 2009 rebas as well ? :)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes, not suitable.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown