Test Valley Tour HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT MTB Challenge

RealMan
RealMan Posts: 2,166
edited May 2010 in MTB general
God it was hot.

Woods section - dry for the first time in history? Although I think I still saw a puddle or two.

A great event as always, well signposted, well run. And top quality burger at the end (which was all I really came for).

Anyone else?

Comments

• webchimpx
    webchimpx Posts: 9
    Yep me too - my first event - it was awesome. Loved the woods and the big sweeping downhill at the end.
    Cube Ltd Race 2010
  • RealMan
    Yeah the woods section really is the high point of the ride. There were some nice climbs as well.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    I got back and my computer said 90Km- missed the arrows twice and had to go back. Clocked 4hr 38min. Not sure about the burger though, coming from NZ you poms need to learn how to make proper burgers :wink:
    Don't think, BE:
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    Excellent event, did it with Mrs OSK and we really enjoyed it. Loved the singletrack through the woods, very flowing (and nice and cool and out of the blistering sun). Does anyone know the tracks through that forest well - Collingbourne?)

Big thumbs up to Gorrick, they really know how to organise an event, brilliant signposting, very professional event yet still really friendly.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    RealMan wrote:
    Yeah the woods section really is the high point of the ride. There were some nice climbs as well.

Ok see this is how i know you warped dude...

I mean can climb aswell as the next and am reasonable fit.. but you just never ever say nice climbs.. that's tant amount to being a nerd :p
  • webchimpx
    webchimpx Posts: 9
    Yeah - I'm not one for climbing - I view it as the means to the downhill bit. Though I am getting better as I shed the lbs.

I did the short course - 32 k (more like 35) and enjoyed my burger at the end, though I would have eaten anything.

Great day and a decent lap-time too.
    Cube Ltd Race 2010
  • RealMan
    You've got to learn to enjoy the climbing I think. I passed tons of people on the climbs. Some people just don't like to put any effort in when it goes uphill I think lol.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    I enjoy watching the metres go up on the Garmin :oops: and I get a higher sense of satisfaction cycling up hills than walking up them :P

I wasn't there :( I always intend to do these things, but I don't have any transport :(
  • RealMan
    http://www.testvalleytour.com/news1002.htm

I did a 02:38:17 on the 50km. Better then what I did last year, but still not the fastest guy of the day. Beaten by 4 other people. Knew I should have put on some racier tyres.. :D

Unlucky Stefan, you missed a real sweaty day.