BE WARNED !!!!

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    There is ONLY ONE SPEED KING......enjoy. 8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZn67GkV58I
    bagpuss
  • SteveR_100Milers
    SteveR_100Milers Posts: 5,987
    I came last in Thursdays club TT whilst riding a Focus TT bike; It's only now I now realise why I also got dropped from the bunch at castle combe recently, lo and behold I was riding a Focus Cayo. It's in the hands and arms of my solictors now.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I've wasted an hour of my valuable time reading this thread. I phoned Wiggle to complain, and do you know what they said?

"Nothing to do with us, we can't help you".

I've never had such disgusting service in all my life, I feel dirty.
  • bagpusscp
    A song for Wiggle, and Smokin Joe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhkbDMISl8
    bagpuss
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Wiggle must have something against me.

Today on my ride I pulled a muscle in my back, I contacted wiggle for some compensation such as some free Haribo sweets or freer postage and all I get was sweet FA.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Im beginning to think that I might have voted for the wrong party last week, I contacted Wiggle to see if I can have my vote back and they laughed and said that as they were now negotiating with Cameron that "you bike riding ar5eholes can all go and feck yourselves with rusty spikes".
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Im beginning to think that I might have voted for the wrong party last week, I contacted Wiggle to see if I can have my vote back and they laughed and said that as they were now negotiating with Cameron that "you bike riding ar5eholes can all go and feck yourselves with rusty spikes".
    YEAH! If Wiggle make a pact with the conservatives, I'm leaving the country! :twisted:
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Just some observations: -

1. How many miles have you done on the bike?

2. How frequently did you clean the chain and after how many miles.

3. What did you lube the chain with and have you sued any solvents?

4. Seatpost - You say this is your second, what happened to the first?

5. What Torque settings were used?

6. It is difficult to see precisely what you are talking about with the frame, I would get some clearer sharper photo's and try and explain what should and shouldn't be there.

7. Have you used the bike on a Turbo?

Like all companies, Wiggle could have made an error, but generally I have found them to be superb, now if you were talking about Dave Hinde, then things might be different.

Your first address is direct to Wiggle, no good coming on here until you have received the wrong response from Wiggle.
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    Speed_King wrote:
    Hi all, usually i come on here to post comments about others bikes or to say how nice they look and sometimes to gloat over my own ones lol, but on this occasion i ask you all especially those who own a Focus be it mountain or road? To read this blog carefully and with interest.
    Firstly and most improtantly i want everyone to know i had no prior grudge to Wiggle or Focus and it is important you understand that as this may seem like the opposite once i have finished writing this blog. When i purchased my racing bike from them on Dec 23rd 2009, was very happy to be finally purchasing a Focus, i had after all heard great things about their bikes and was eager to try one for myself.
    I Brought myself a 2009 Focus Culebro which i believe is the step down from the very popular Cayo, On first glance it seemed great my expectations were matched by the great bike i had in front of me.
    That was three months ago, and i went to put it in for a service (as you do) this weekend, when i came back to take my bike from my trusty mehanic i was horrified when i heard what he had to tell me, firstly (although i suspected as much as i was suffeing from some mis- alignment when shifting all be it very slight). I was told i had an Ultegra cassette and chain that were practically beyond any further use, he went on to add that he was surrpised i hadnt cause more expensive damage to the rest of the drivechain, Considering i have only used this bike at weekends so far due to work commitments, this was a very big surprise to both of us, he had looked at the chain and cassette very closely and came up with the conclusion that it wasnt a brand new one that had been fited but a used version!! As if that wasnt enough to deal with, he then informed me of the other two problems, i had a rising crack in a brand new Pro-lite carbon seatpost a total of three centimetres salong the post sticking aou tabout half a centimetre out from the post and if used anymore would obviously cause me great personal damage, and it needed replaceing immediatly. Then came the ultimate surprise.. He pointed out to me that underneath my shiny new paintwork across my top tube where it says Focus in bright white lettering is the shadow of another word which i cannot make out as yet but it is clear to me that the bike i had purchased was not sporting a Culebro frame at all !! But something totally differant and it had just been given a new paint/graphics job..
    To say the least i was shocked and horrified at the same time i have immediatly emailled Wiggle along with photgraphic proof of said problems to prove my points and am awaiting a reply. So to all you customers of Focus and indeed Wiggle please be carefull when purchaing items from there especially bikes, many of you who praise Wiggle (inc me) hope this does not tarnish your image of the companies when you read this

Thanks for reading

Cool_story_bro_.jpg
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    pastey_boy wrote:
    after reading the above posts im amazed at the level of incompetency shown by wiggle but of all the complaints listed they pale into insignificance when you hear what happened to me. relations between me and the misses have been strained of late so whilst surfing the net i came across a site called "wiggle" i thought to myself that such a provocatively named site would have just the thing to put a spark back into our non existent sex life, so after much perusing i settled on the "swiss nipple lube". a few days later it arrives in its handy applicator bottle. that night i get her plastered on red wine then its of to the bedroom. as thing heat up i whip out the bottle and commence lubrication of the left nipple before switching to the right one. i wont go into details but a fun time was had by all involved. i awoke the next morning to the most horrific sight ive ever witnessed, my girlfriend had developed severe dermatitis to both nipples. over the next 3 weeks both nipples withered away and fell off. extremely miffed i contacted wiggle explaining i wanted the money for extensive nipple reconstruction plus damages for all the pain and anguish caused, at this time the matter is in the hands of the solicitors so BE WARNED !!!!!!!!! :shock:
    ok here is an update from wiggle i received this afternoon
    dear sir
    after careful consideration we have decided to supply you with a pair of reconditioned nipples as the originals were used and subject to a certain amount of wear and tear. as for you claim for monetary compensation for the stress this has caused our solicitors have directed us to pay you in haribo. we hope this solution meets with your expectations and i hope we can still be friends
    yours sincerely
    wiggle legal department"
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • jonathan2
    jonathan2 Posts: 78
    Anyone hazzard a guess as to why speed king does not tell us what wiggle said? I have some theories.
    1) They replaced all the parts (as a good will gesture) but made speed king promise not to tell (otherwise we would all be trying 'it' on)
    2) They replaced all the parts (as a good will gesture but mostly out of sympathy)
    3) They did not replace anything (because they did not need to) and speed king is unwilling to say "I made a mistake"

any other ideas?

This is the most funny thread eva!
  • valedragon
    valedragon Posts: 37
    alfablue wrote:
    YEAH! If Wiggle make a pact with the conservatives, I'm leaving the country! :twisted:
    I think wiggle have made a pact with the devil, to get people to keep coming back. :twisted:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    jonathan2 wrote:
    Anyone hazzard a guess as to why speed king does not tell us what wiggle said? I have some theories.
    1) They replaced all the parts (as a good will gesture) but made speed king promise not to tell (otherwise we would all be trying 'it' on)
    2) They replaced all the parts (as a good will gesture but mostly out of sympathy)
    3) They did not replace anything (because they did not need to) and speed king is unwilling to say "I made a mistake"

any other ideas?

This is the most funny thread eva!

Someone needs to phone Wiggle customer services and find out!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'm addicted to this thread, infact i've been caught on it while working and got in a little trouble...

at least i know who to blame :lol:
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Why do wiggle never ever give me Haribo ?

Should I start a new topic ;)
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • valedragon
    gb155 wrote:
    Why do wiggle never ever give me Haribo ?

Should I start a new topic ;)
    nor me! how can i complain about lack of haribo or other freebies from wiggle
  • sascos
    sascos Posts: 100
    Ordered some Helicopter Tape and Rotors from Wiggle....the tape was fine but when I affixed the rotors my helicopter refused to take off!!....... WTH?? :shock:

C`mon Wiggle you must sort this mess out !
  • bagpusscp
    Can this wiggle advert make 10 pages? is bikeradar charging them or are they been sent sweeteners .Find out here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-yRJAS8UQ
    bagpuss
  • valedragon
    Can we all boycott wiggle until they send out haribo.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You get a free big mug from sports direct sometimes. I got one with my Adidas shell toes classics. Who need Haribo when you have a big lumberjack style mug ?
    :D
  • valedragon
    dmclite wrote:
    You get a free big mug from sports direct sometimes. I got one with my Adidas shell toes classics. Who need Haribo when you have a big lumberjack style mug ?
    would rather have the haribos myself
  • Anonymous
    valedragon wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    would rather have the haribos myself

What choo talkin' 'bout Willis ?
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    BE WARNED, BIKERADAR IS EVIL. Wiggle don't do internet refunds.
  • Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    Ok OK OKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up, wiggle after lenghtly chats with me via email we decided to ............................... !! lol Yeah right like im gonna tell any of you what we dicussed i nthis or any other lifetime so keep on dreaming PMSL MFAO
    G.H.Allum
  • Anonymous
    Oh dear.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    :lol: at this whole thread.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Thank you SpeedKing you have kept us amused for months :D
  • bagpusscp
    Hey Wiggle. I want a refund for split ribs ! Come on .......
    bagpuss
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Speed_King wrote:
    Ok OK OKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up, wiggle after lenghtly chats with me via email we decided to ............................... !! lol Yeah right like im gonna tell any of you what we dicussed i nthis or any other lifetime so keep on dreaming PMSL MFAO

weirdo.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Brilliant.

A few remarkable things have just happened.

1 This thread was literally hours away from being dead forever (and it's done well) when who should pop up but the 'man' himself. Because of this the thread will rumble on for ever, probably. Heaping yet more shame and humiliation on to our beloved speed king. I can't believe it.

2 when the great man does grace us with his insight after all this time, he offers neither an explanation OR an apology. Arrogance (or stupidity) like this i've never seen before and almost have a bizarre respect for.

3 Who should be there to catch him first in his reply but Mr Nap D. Respect.

I'm stunned. The guy is not satisfied with the deepest grave i've ever seen and shows up to dig it deeper himself.

And I thought Lance was having a rough time!

Chapeau, speed king

ps how's the bike?