Bob Jackson Audax Club

ScaldedCat
ScaldedCat Posts: 111
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
My Bob Jackson Audax Club.
IMGP0499-1.jpg
Now fitted with 'guards, bag and the usual extras.

Comments

• Runoutofgears
    Runoutofgears Posts: 348
    Proper Bike that, very nice.
    I ache, therefore I am.
  • ScaldedCat
    Thanks,it's my first build. Am changing the bar tape to silver though, baby blue is a bit girly even for me.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Reckon black would look better....... (IMO!)

Do like it though - always nice looking at the bikes on display in the Bob Jackson shop.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Nice- you gotta love Bob Jackson. All the fixie boys round here are on em.
  • ScaldedCat
    Another pic now I have the 'guards and bag fitted and have changed the bar tape to a more practical colour.

IMGP0514.jpg
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Very clean looking. Me likey
  • purple rain
    purple rain Posts: 44
    very professional job, you clearly know your stuff!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Nice... Classy frame.
    I like the 'guards, don't worry about the weather, just dress up and go.. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • ScaldedCat
    Thanks, my lbs did a chase and face on the bb and fitted the chainset and headset for me as I don't particularly want to spring for tools that I will use only rarely at the moment. Everything else I did myself under the watchful eye of my other half who is a mechanicaly and technically minded chap, he also assisted at times when an extra hand or two were, well...handy.
    I wanted to keep everything light and feminine looking without it being overly 'girly'
    Cable routing wasn't straight foward on this bike, it has the Cinelli 'spoiler' bb shell and I've run the cables through short lengths of outer cable housing to stop the inner cables eating the paint from the built in cableguides and the adjusters on the headtube mean the cables get in the way of the front brake calliper slightly at extremes of wheel lock but not really an issue in normal riding and not a safety issue thankfully.

The thing that took longest was getting the mudguards on and neat. The bike has all braze-ons for guards but only clearance for a 23-25 mm tyre with them on and the close clearances at the chainstay/bb junction required some careful dremmelling of the rear guard. Trouble iis I'm a pain in the bum perfectionist so took a while to get them to my satisfaction.

The bike rides better then I could have hoped, feels light and very responsive.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Like.

Would look even more fab with honey leather bar tape and saddle...

And natural sidewall tyres...

:o
  • ScaldedCat
    edited May 2010
    No ta, didn't want to go down the full retro, leather saddle , quill stem route. Not for me. :D

Almsot did go for that as I nearly bought a Mercian frame as they are only a mile up the road but decided to to get the Bob and try and stave off middle age a while longer by speccing more modern fittings.
  • Anonymous
    And a dynamo.

Where's the dynamo?
  • ScaldedCat
    Now I'd like a dynamo for recharing my iphone while riding, that really would be worth having.
  • Anonymous
    ScaldedCat wrote:
    Now I'd like a dynamo for recharing my iphone while riding, that really would be worth having.

You might be on to something there! :shock:

Mobile phone / ipod charger...

Hmmmm.

Anyhoo I digress.

I fancy one of these bad boys if I sell my Ti bike.
  • ScaldedCat
    Wasn't expensive, £395 for the frame, £260 for the groupset (Tiagra), £134 for the wheels and a couple of hundered for everything else. Was huge fun choosing and buying all the bits, better than shoe shopping! :shock:
    Part of me wishes I'd payed the extra for 105 or Ultegra for the bling factor but I'll give the Tiagra a year or twos use first. It seems to work pretty smooth so far (previously been a Campag girl).
  • Anonymous
    Doh!

If only we'd been quicker off the mark!

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/n ... namo-26428

Been looking at the Bob Jackson site... Fancy one in a nice pale green finish....
  • ScaldedCat
    My son says pale metallic green is his fave colour. He's 13 and not really interested in bikes but says that if he was and had a Bob Jackson it'd be that colour.