Genesis IOid

woodnut
woodnut Posts: 562
edited November 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Bog standard so far, and as I've just got myself a cheapish commuter the nobblies can now stay on. :D

4529112448_11445205dc_b.jpg

4529112442_e52f0cf5cd_b.jpg

Comments

• ryan93
    ryan93 Posts: 186
    Looks well good!!. How many gears does it have? Is that an internal gear rear hub?
  • woodnut
    Thanks Ryan, yeah its an Alfine hub, 8 speed. They are good for lazy devils like me who ain't too keen on scrubbing oily cogs :) There's an 11 speed coming out later this year, need to fill my penny jar......
  • armymankin
    armymankin Posts: 213
    that green is just eye catching. i m quite interested in the hub gear thing. i know you dont need to service it...(or do u?) what is the down side campare to the traditional cassetes? is it heavier? i guess 1 major problem is changing your wheels.
    nice looking thing :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Awesome, I quite fancied one of these myself for a commuter. Is it one of the ex-demos from Bothy Bikes? If so, it's the exact same on I looked at,
  • woodnut
    armymankin wrote:
    that green is just eye catching. i m quite interested in the hub gear thing. i know you dont need to service it...(or do u?) what is the down side campare to the traditional cassetes? is it heavier? i guess 1 major problem is changing your wheels.
    nice looking thing :lol:
    THANKS! It is heavier, no denying but not by much and you soon get used...I think they come into their own when it's muddy. First time I had a rear wheel pucture was a 'mare but it's easy now I'm used to it.
  • woodnut
    Awesome, I quite fancied one of these myself for a commuter. Is it one of the ex-demos from Bothy Bikes? If so, it's the exact same on I looked at,
    Thanks, actually it was an Ex dem, but i got from Bike Dock in Belfast :D
  • woodnut
    New photo I quite like, new back tyre, I suppose thats a fair excuse to post a new piccy?? :oops: 5175651823_4fd3bbf9af.jpg
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    Love the colour of that! Much better than those yellow ones IMO.